• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Designing a single page within someone's existing website.

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, folks. I love Muse and I was hoping to get an answer to this question I have:

Let's say someone has an e-commerce store made in Wordpress or whatever.

I want to design a single landing page for one of their products in Adobe Muse.

Is it possible for me to do so and make it work easily on the already existing website?
Do I just export to HTML or what? And how do they upload it? Just like I would, using Muse alone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi holmvik,

This won't be possible or easy with Muse natively.

You have to export the Muse-Site as HTML and everything (js, css, html, pics, folder) to root (existing page) and link the single site from the existing page.

Use a external ftp-program e.g. Filezilla or Dreamweaver's FTP-client. But be careful: don't override existing files (same name, same folders).

Or use a single product page as a landing page: then you got the option to run it in a subdomain where you can upload the whole exported HTML files from muse.

Hope that will be helpful!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible for me to do so and make it work easily on the already existing website?

Possible? Yes. Easy? Not at all. All dynamic content systems are very particular about their file structure and other requirements and your custom HTML page wouldn't even load without additional work in most cases - e.g. WP would simply ignore it or block it for security reasons. It would have to explicitly be linked from somewhere or you'd have to manually add the relevant PHP and WP tags in the source code so it's actually fetched. Generally doing such stuff isn't the brightest idea, anyway. There are for instance enough WP plug-ins that allow to add custom pages and other stuff natively from within the system. So for what it's worth, pondering on using an external design tool and then going through all the extra work probably isn't worth it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines