Highlighted

Disable keyboard when specific widget is open

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a testimonial widget I am making use of in a website, this provides an overlay when a 'see all' button is pressed. The issue I am having is that when you use the ESC key to close instead of the X at the top of the widget it goes to a white screen as opposed to going back to the website at the current position.

The widget I am using is here: Testimonials Widget for Adobe Muse you can do as stated above and get the same effect.

Is it possible to disable the ESC key when this widget is open, I have played around with the code of disabling keys and am able to disable ESC on the website itself. But the widget overrides this setting.

Any help would be great!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Ussnorway | Most Valuable Participant

bena70424203  wrote

Is it possible to disable the ESC key when this widget is open,

maybe... there are some codes that disable keyboard keys however these are for people to play games online without busting their ui

bottom line is doing this without the end users permission is blocked in most browsers and ilegal for most senarios

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Disable keyboard when specific widget is open

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a testimonial widget I am making use of in a website, this provides an overlay when a 'see all' button is pressed. The issue I am having is that when you use the ESC key to close instead of the X at the top of the widget it goes to a white screen as opposed to going back to the website at the current position.

The widget I am using is here: Testimonials Widget for Adobe Muse you can do as stated above and get the same effect.

Is it possible to disable the ESC key when this widget is open, I have played around with the code of disabling keys and am able to disable ESC on the website itself. But the widget overrides this setting.

Any help would be great!

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Ussnorway | Most Valuable Participant

bena70424203  wrote

maybe... there are some codes that disable keyboard keys however these are for people to play games online without busting their ui

bottom line is doing this without the end users permission is blocked in most browsers and ilegal for most senarios

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2017 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bena70424203  wrote

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 0