• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discontinuing Muse . . .

Advocate ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe even remotely offered a *reason* (there is NO excuse) for discontinuing Muse?

We are losing a major part of why we pay for the CC suite (US$ 55. mo) but I bet the price will remain.

Makes me wonder about Adobe and their vow to *always* support their .DNG file format.

I'm back brushing up on using Dreamweaver - which isn't easy after a 4 year absence. Will Adobe discontinue even it someday?

<shocked, confused, angry>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Neox99  wrote

Has Adobe even remotely offered a *reason* (there is NO excuse) for discontinuing Muse?

Muse cannot keep up with current  web standards much less new ones.  It would take a complete re-programming of the software to make it extendable.  And Adobe knows that would not be time or cost effective since it would impact the 3rd party widgets Musers currently use.

I'm back brushing up on using Dreamweaver - which isn't easy after a 4 year absence. Will Adobe discontinue even it someday?

Pres

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neox99  wrote

Muse cannot keep up with current  web standards much less new ones.  It would take a complete re-programming of the software to make it extendable.  And Adobe knows that would not be time or cost effective since it would impact the 3rd party widgets Musers currently use.

Presently there are no plans to discontinue Dreamweaver.  But nobody knows what the future will bring.

Is Dreamweaver the next to go?

Unlike MU,  DW files are not proprietary.   So your work can be maintained in ANY code editor that supports  HTML, CSS & JavaScript.  Even if DW were discontinued tomorrow, I would have no trouble switching to another code editor. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy OShea:

Seems Adobe is also not interested in keeping Dreamweaver up to the latest innovations. I just discovered DW does not support GRID layout in it's Live View. The ancient 'Real-time Preview' works with GRID but requires annoying file saves and switching back and forth DW/Browser.

The folks at Pinegrow seem to be on the cutting edge. Their web editor is kinda like Muse on steroids .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neox99  wrote

I just discovered DW does not support GRID layout in it's Live View.

Browser support for CSS Grids is still somewhat dicey.

https://caniuse.com/#feat=css-grid

Ollder mobile devices can't support CSS Grids.  IE 11 only supports the older code specification and pre-IE11 browsers not at all.   I think Flexbox is a safer approach for at least the next few years. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neox99  wrote

not officially no

imo it has more to do with peer pressure than web standards and Adobe has never been that interested in Muse because its aimed at average people users but Nancys' guess is as good as mine mate

at the end of the day Adobe is a money making company and will do whatever US share holders see will make the profit margin this year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Businesses survive and grow by making money. Adobe is not a charity. And, shareholders include middle-class workers who have retirement funds like 401Ks, IRAs, etc., in which Adobe's stock is often included. 

Yeah, it sucks when they make a business decision that inconveniences us. But, they have to thrive as a company, and that means making the bucks. We all do the same in our smaller, individual situations.

And, as much as I liked Muse, there are other options, including some provided by Adobe. If Muse has been discontinued, I will start learning DW. That's the nature of our high-tech economy anyway: the need to constantly update our skill sets. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I ever used Muse in the first place was because of the outright uselessness of Dreamweaver tutorials.

That was at least six years ago, and looking now it hasn't improved much.  

Cross-platforming is so hard.  Ask Adobe!  

Because when you say Muse can't keep up with W3 standards, your saying Adobe doesn't want to incorporate web standards into their software by cross-platforming W3's code with theirs.

I have years and years of work invested into Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines