Dissapointed in Adobe for terminating Muse

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

I've been a graphic designer (mostly print) for almost 20 years now. I've never been able to start web design on my own

and I've always counted on developers to make my designs come true. However, unluckily, I've never developed

a relationship with a programmer and most of the time I was appointed one. I've never finished a website the way

I wanted it to look and for over 15 years I've been disapointed time and time again for not being able

to convey my visuals because of my developer, bad communication etc. etc.

Muse was such a revelation. I had such big plans with it, I've finished 2-3 websites that I was kinda proud of

and it was only the start. I could finally convey in HTML exactly what I wanted to present. And the Muse workflow

that allows you to bypass the graphical development stage in PS, AI or sketch yielded great results for me.

You get creative when you learn the ins and outs of a partially restricted environment and it matched my minimalistic
aesthetics which I've been promoting since my early years as a designer.

I've tried to replace it with Webflow, Weebly and what not but i just can't get past the learning curve and the
limitations that these platforms have in terms of layout freedom.

In conclusion, I'm left with a bitter taste of dissapointment from Adobe, for basically interrupting my long lost,
found and basically lost again dream of making websites my way.

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed Muse was ahead of its time and made some people nervous... best of luck to you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learning to work with code might seem challenging at first but it really is a liberating experience.  Otherwise you'll be trapped by code generators and DIY site builders for the rest of your life.

I haven't seen a single Muse  website that couldn't be re-built  better, faster and with less code in Dreamwever  or a similar code editor.   And I'm not exaggerating.  All it takes is some basic coding skills and a few open source  plugins.   Later, when your skills & confidence increase, you can take on more advanced projects.   That's how every web designer/developer learns their trade. 

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Without Code? It's an outgrowth of the developer MuseThemes and mimics many of the characteristics of Muse. I haven't used it yet, but have watched most of the tutorials on getting started and it seems promising. (In the meantime, I've built a few sites using Wix and have been surprised at its ease, but it also comes with many limitations.)

I would suggest trying W/O Code and see if it doesn't have a comparatively easy learning curve, given that it's built expressly to pick up the Muse audience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i agree with u! who is creative istn logical, i worked together with programmers and they didnt understant what we say, wanna things things different, with muse i put my site online, still working .. so i'm gonna have a new client and will start in muse.. or pay a freelancer =/ .. So i really didnt like this action of adobe to creat an program that works fine, we start to learn and than shut if off, like soundbooth versus audition ... i didnt get to learn dreamweaver the code its something not to me.. i like Muse and still working with it..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines