• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do you consider Webflow as a replacement for Adobe Muse? And does this program allow you to write websites WITHOUT code?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never looked for alternatives for creating websites without writing code - after all, there was Adobe Muse. In connection with the bad news that Adobe stops supporting Adobe Muse, we need to look for alternatives

Many of you talk about WebFlow. I learned about this project only today. After watching a few videos, I was surprised at his capabilities. This is not a replacement for Adobe Muse, this is something that exceeds the possibilities of Muse.

WebFlow - the program that allows you to create websites WITHOUT code? It's amazing that a sites made in this program fall into the lists of Awwwards. Would you recommend this program? Or some other one? Highlight the disadvantages of using Webflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With WebFlow, you must have internet access to work on projects.  With Dreamweaver, Brackets, Muse, etc... you can work offline & upload to server later.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you plan to export the code and are using contact forms, instead of using their hosting you will need to have a level of understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing as creating websites without code, no matter what program you use behind what you do code is being generated, and that is the problem.

Muse literally coded itself into a dead-end, and without a major rewrite it was dead for what one requires for the modern web anyway. Yes it may have been all you require, but as your clients looked at competitors sites with what is now possible beyond the site composed of squares, and the features required in the future, would they be happy to stay with you?

What you should ask yourself is if webflow will be updated to match the demands of your clients in 1-2 years time, how easy is it to extend, and will using it place you back into the situation of finding another solution in the future.

There are no guarantees when it comes to the life of any program, but what you should decide is how reliant you want to be on any program, and how many clients you can afford to loose if you or the program you use does not keep up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im with pziecina nicely said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following points made in this post seem relative to your question.

rayek.elfin  wrote

After reading all these posts in this and the other threads, I am dumbfounded by the fact that there are Muse users who are willing to throw themselves into a locked and closed ecosystem and workflow yet again! And one where the user needs to be online ALL THE TIME while working on a project, and source files are kept on third-party servers. It's worse than relying on Muse and BC. It really is.

Everyone needs to decide for themselves what works for them.

Still, I'd think twice of relying on a server-based third-party service that requires you to be online at all times and asks for rent again. Why would you ever want to found your business on that? I'd worry myself sick. It's too volatile, just as it was too volatile to rely on Muse for your entire web design business. At least, that is my personal opinion.

Certainly some things to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines