• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does a webpage hidden elements also load during run time from a server

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a webpage design, when we select some objects and make them hidden at a breakpoint, say at breakpoint C.

When the webpage loads live from the server and it is breakpoint C thats loading, does it also download the hidden elements in the background (but only not show them) thereby slowing the page load or hidden objects are just not downloaded at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Yes, this has long been a problem because hidden elements are not removed from the DOM (document object model).  They add extra bandwidth to everyone's devices.   Ideally, all sites should be programmed to serve only specific content to specific devices.  Unfortunately Muse cannot do that.

See responsive images with SRCSET.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Multimedia_and_embedding/Responsive_images

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit, as a non-coder, I guess it loads the element except there´s some code inserted which prevents the browser from doing so. Hidden elements in certain breakpoints may not be downloaded until one changes the width of a browser window - mainly on desktops, I guess - if that helps in loading times? I kind of know, that the more breakpoints one uses, the havier the site gets, so …?

There´s a feature, used for long pages, to prevent a browser from loading the whole content right from the beginning but only as soon as its content reaches the browser window, that may speed up a site but this was not your question.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe > How is that done ? What feature is that which prevents all the data loading for a long page. It prevents even photographs etc which are off page from not loading or only text ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There´s a widget for it:  https://www.muse-themes.com/products/scroll-reveal  but asa far as I understand, content still loads right from the beginning but does show up only as soon as the content appears in the window. Check it out there - maybe ask them.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this has long been a problem because hidden elements are not removed from the DOM (document object model).  They add extra bandwidth to everyone's devices.   Ideally, all sites should be programmed to serve only specific content to specific devices.  Unfortunately Muse cannot do that.

See responsive images with SRCSET.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Multimedia_and_embedding/Responsive_images

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now at least I understand why to use "srcset" for responsiveness in Pinegrow. THX Nancy.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines