• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does adobe muse have levels or z layering...

Participant ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im trying to have a video background for a website home page. The video takes so long to load on a 30Mbps fibernet line. The video is 30 secs in duration, 1280x720p @just 800kbps and is only 3 mb in size. Im using a video background widget to display this video.

Sometimes it loads pretty fast, other times very slow, 5 minutes at times with just the placholder showing, even after clearing the complete internet cache completely on laboratory standards LOL.

The same page the next morning loads superfast and then in the afternoon, superslow. Is it my server ?
So i atleast want to know how i can load the ABOUT and CONTACT PAGE etc on top of this home page layer because when we click ABOUT it flushes out the home page completely and replaces it, so the video slow load is again aborted. If i can maintain the home page and load other pages on top of it after 20-30 secs the video will load in the background and at least display at some time.

The problem im facing is everytime a navigation button is hit it flushes the entire page out. Im having this problem even for normal pages without video. Hit the ABOUT button a second time and its again loading from the server, even though i was on that page 20 secs ago, each element loading little by little.

If someone can help it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

put the link for us see, I had tried video bg with vimeo embeded, =

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice to have at least a link to your website to see what we are talking about.

Let me add that your topic is not mentioned in your question at all?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shared web hosting is uneven at best.  VPN or dedicated hosting costs more but your server is your own.  You're not sharing resources with a hundred+ other sites.

Since you use Muse, the best advice I can offer is to re-build your site outside Muse.  Muse is on life support anyway.   Almost any web authoring solution will be faster loading than Muse's outdated & bloated code is capable of delivering.    

As for background video, I'm not a fan.   I'ts not fair to your users who in many cases have limited data plans.  They don't appreciate being forced to consume all that unnecessary bandwidth.  Video should always be initiated by your site-visitors.  And player controls are essential to that.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines