• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does MUSE write code compatible w/ Browser Resize?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello...

[wasn't able to use MUSE for the free trial, as I had already used up my free trial w/ DW...which is why I'm asking this question]...

I'm told that the way I design (like a graphic illustrator laying out a page); & the way my old web design software (Macromedia DW 2004) set up the code when I arranged my image & text divs on the pages...with ABSOLUTE positioning...is not compatible w/ contemporary coding techniques regarding the flex/flow of those elements during browser resize; & also on other devices (cell phones, etc.).

SO...if I purchase MUSE; & then go about the task of completely redesigning my sites/pages, from scratch...positioning the various layers (divs) in a WYSIWYG kind of way...i.e., visually...will MUSE write the code to be compatible w/ those contemporary browser resize flex/flow techniques?

thanx,

mark4man

P.S., & please (coding geniuses) don't answer by telling me I have to learn coding all over again...MUSE advertises that such an approach is not necessary in designing beautiful websites...& I know enough to manipulate the written code post design...thanx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

markf26988182  wrote

I want an app that will allow me to design visually (place containers & elements where I want them on the page)...have some sort of positioning dialog (for those containers/elements), so as to be able to define positioning relationships between containers/elements; & write the code to be compatible w/ contemporary browser resize flex/flow techniques

If your biggest concern is building responsive sites with a more visual based emphasis (than Dreamweaver) but still having access

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markf26988182  wrote

SO if I purchase MUSE & then go about the task of completely redesigning my sites / pages, from scratch

Just a word of caution, if you have not already done so read this - Muse Product Announcement EOL,  to understand its being discontinued. Before you purchase Muse and commit to using it for your work moving forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's nice...good to know, thanx...but could you please answer my question?

thanx,

mark4man

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markf26988182  wrote

that's nice...good to know, thanx...but could you please answer my question?

You're welcome, yeah it is good to know that the software has been discontinued before buying and using it. Seems you are not too concerned however.

As for your question did you review the documentation to know and understand what is possible and the workflow required?

markf26988182  wrote

will MUSE write the code to be compatible w/ those contemporary browser resize flex/flow techniques?

Getting started with responsive design in Adobe Muse

Create responsive sites using Adobe Muse

Add breakpoints in Muse for mobiles and desktops

etc., etc., etc.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...I read it...doesn't say a blessed word as to the app's code writing structure; & I don't want XD.  Since I can't seem to get any unbiased answers here (& they're aren't any other muse discussion forums) I downloaded Macaw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(ALTHOUGH...your link to designing responsive sites in muse, w/ details on breakpoints, etc...is very helpful...thanx very much for that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markf26988182  wrote

I downloaded Macaw

So now you are going backwards further with Macaw? That app was abandoned completely more than two years ago and was discarded by its developers even before that.

Obviously you don't like Dreamweaver, but now you are here worrying about code structure?

Most Recent Version of DW w/ (true) WYSIWYG

What are you looking for specifically besides seemingly wanting to use abandoned software ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want an app that will allow me to design visually (place containers & elements where I want them on the page)...have some sort of positioning dialog (for those containers/elements), so as to be able to define positioning relationships between containers/elements; & write the code to be compatible w/ contemporary browser resize flex/flow techniques

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markf26988182  wrote

If your biggest concern is building responsive sites with a more visual based emphasis (than Dreamweaver) but still having access to code if needed, then I would suggest Pinegrow (Pro version $99). You can see a full list here of programs Muse users are contemplating since the Muse EOL announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

markf26988182  wrote

I'm told that the way I design (like a graphic illustrator laying out a page); & the way my old web design software (Macromedia DW 2004) set up the code when I arranged my image & text divs on the pages...with ABSOLUTE positioning...is not compatible w/ contemporary coding techniques regarding the flex/flow of those elements during browser resize; & also on other devices (cell phones, etc.).

correct

markf26988182  wrote

will MUSE write the code to be compatible w/ those contemporary browser resize flex/flow techniques?

yes

markf26988182  wrote

I would look into Pinegrow as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines