• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

does this contact form widget work for everybody?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I came across a working contact form widget

After many searches and reading lots of simular Q&A I was quite happy to find a contact form widget other than the one supplied by muse.

This one actually works on my own server. So I'm sharing it and I hope it will be of good use.

Also, now I wonder if it also works on your server / other hosting platforms then mine (TransIP).

On the Muse resources website I have downloaded and tested the "Bubbly blue" widget. There are more contact form widgets on this site. I don't know if those are different instances of the same widget or if they are different widgets. But this one worked on my domain so I'm happy for now.

This is the link: MUSE RESOURCESâ„¢ | Bubbly Blue

http://museresources.com/

Beforehand

Besides finding a widget that works, I just wonder why a working solution for this is SO inaccessible.

My findings so far / the main things I have been reading about this are:

• Use a send to email adres that has the same domain as your site.
  • For some hosting companies there are specific answers that can help out for just that hosting company, like for godaddy. That is great but in general there is no clear approach to get forms to work.
  • Adobe says that you can do a check, by visiting http://my-site.com/scripts/form_check.php . That is nice but also completely without further needed information. Adobe is basically saying that something is up with your PHP, and your host will need to fix it.. What PHP settings will they need to fix? Giving the non coding Muse users such a vague description leaves us empty handed towards hosting companies. I would like to know what I could ask them, what do I want to have changed in the PHP settings? If I tell a painter 'Something is wrong with that color', he can only say: Well I can change it. But it's a proper color, it's well painted with good materials, what else do you exactly want?

In some cases I would advise clients not to go for a form, it want necessarily be used. Clearly in other cases it's a must.

At least there must be a reliable way to work with, when needed.

That said, I'm wondering:

• Isn't it super weird that for a long time now no/little reliable solutions have came up for forms in muse?
  • Is adobe not abled to write a working piece of PHP, in a couple of days at most? Forms have been there for a couple of years now..
  • Or if not Adobe, can't any of the companies that have a business in making muse widgets stand out here? Why are there so little contact form widgets to find?
  • "Muse resources" seems to have made it work.. But is this working on all other hosting platforms too?

Not being a coder I understand that it might not be simple to make a widget that works for everybody. But that is the point of it all, to code something that works in all cases. I hope adobe or one of the widget companies is going to pick up this task anytime soon.

Question

I'm looking for a reliable solution to work with but I feel a bit stuck with this.

Does this widget work for everybody? Does it work on your server?

Do you have any useful tips, ideas, solutions etc. in addition to this?

Thanks for reading and I hope we can help each other further with self hosted forms!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues too. This really needs to be addressed. At least give us more info so we can communicate to our server hosts better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I apologize for your frustration. If you contacted support, can I have your case number?

If you have not contacted customer support as yet, I suggest getting in touch with them using this link Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines