• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download button loading new browser page instead of downloading file

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several audio files that play on the site with Audio Player widget. I created a download button to the side. On local preview in Chrome, the button works great and immediately downloads the mp3 file. Uploaded to Business Catalyst or the ISP, when you click the download button, it loads a new black page with the player in the center that has a download button on the right that does finally download the file. Does anyone have a workaround for this? I have searched for a widget for an audio player with a download button, but have not found one among the dozen or so I have looked at. I would like for the file to download immediately once the download button is clicked. Like it does on the local preview (Shift+Command+E). Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

This has nothing to do with Muse. This is the server configuration. You need to edit the htaccess file specifying in it the types of files that should be downloaded, and not open in the browser. Google this question. Or contact hosting support.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has nothing to do with Muse. This is the server configuration. You need to edit the htaccess file specifying in it the types of files that should be downloaded, and not open in the browser. Google this question. Or contact hosting support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel, thanks so much! This has opened up a whole new area for me.

I have tried the following with no success (This is for mp3 files that I want to download immediately). I created a file named download.htaccess in the root folder of the site. In the file I wrote the following:

<FilesMatch "\.(mov|mp3|jpg|pdf)$”>

ForceType application/octet-stream

Header set Content-Disposition attachment

</FilesMatch>

Also, I tried:

AddType application/octet-stream .csv

AddType application/octet-stream .xls

AddType application/octet-stream .doc

AddType application/octet-stream .avi

AddType application/octet-stream .mp3

AddType application/octet-stream .mov

AddType application/octet-stream .pdf

Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. What can I say: Why is your file called download.htaccess? It should be called simply .htaccess. The .htaccess file runs on most Apache servers. But there are hostings where .htaccess does not work. You need to clarify this with hosting support and ask them for an alternative solution.

And, I do not know it by heart. When I need something like that, I turn to Google or appeal in support of the hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once again, thank you for your help. I will contact the hosting service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines