• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download my website due to loss of laptop

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had my laptop stolen and I need to download the website to do updates. Could any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Without a backup of your muse on an external HD or in the Creative Cloud or another computer you won`t be able to do updates to your website, I´m afraid. Without a backup you can edit your website with IBE only.

Watch this thread with kind of the same problem:  Sito Web made with Muse after PC reboot how can I recover the Site??

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a backup of your muse on an external HD or in the Creative Cloud or another computer you won`t be able to do updates to your website, I´m afraid. Without a backup you can edit your website with IBE only.

Watch this thread with kind of the same problem:  Sito Web made with Muse after PC reboot how can I recover the Site??

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can download the site to Dreamweaver and use those assets to rebuild it again in a new Muse but as Uwe pointed out, only the .muse file will allow you to keep adding updates to the old site... did you have a backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks , I did have a backup on an external device but unfortunately it was in my backpack that was stolen also. I am working on an old timemachine backup that will allow me to access

The on line version and then deal with the review. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's really bad indeed. With some technicals in the past, I do since then, a backup on an external hd and a working file on CC.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines