• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropdown menu, dynamic submenu resizing.

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my problem is that the dropdown menu has a fixed width, i would like to have it the same width like the "main" button.
But that's not possible, because the "resize" option is greyed out. I don't know why this isn't possible. The width could be done in % but yeah...
Adobe Muse has so many restrictions, that's just insane....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

DamianToczek  schrieb

You simply just stretched the button, ok, now press "ctr + shift + e" and make the browser window as small as possible, then look what happens to the dropdown.

Would be nice, if you tell us, what happens on your side.

On my machine this happens:

The only „glitch", I can see: If you have a horizontal responsive menu, the submenus don’t adapt their size in layout mode, when using the scrubber.

This isn’t really relevant, because the situation is kind of „unrealistic“: The scrubbe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of menu do you use?

Automatic? Manually?

What about a screenshot?

If you use a manually created menu, you could select the compete dropdown menu from each main menu item and set the width of the whole dropdown as you like:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 09.48.38.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 09.49.11.png

I took those screenshots from the same menu – you see the first one very narrow, the second one as wide as the main menu button. You could even choose which direction the dropdown should "go" – only vertical – vertical and horizontal – what more do you need?

It is really insane, that we cannot order burgers via forum and print it on our 3D printers but the menu is fine.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder​

You simply just stretched the button, ok, now press "ctr + shift + e" and make the browser window as small as possible, then look what happens to the dropdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 10.38.52.pngBildschirmfoto 2017-08-05 um 10.38.57.png

I scales down, the smaller one and the taller one.

But, on smaller screens you would use a mobile menu, wouldn`t you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DamianToczek  schrieb

Would be nice, if you tell us, what happens on your side.

On my machine this happens:

The only „glitch", I can see: If you have a horizontal responsive menu, the submenus don’t adapt their size in layout mode, when using the scrubber.

This isn’t really relevant, because the situation is kind of „unrealistic“: The scrubber mimics a resize action of the browser window. But in „real life“ the menu will close, when the browser window is resized – what means: You won’t see the submenu at all while dragging the window.

By the way: If you set up your menu not as „Uniform Width“, but „Uniform Spacing“, you’ll find some other restrictions:

The menu can’t be set to „responsive width“. Why? I assume,

• because this would cost extreme computation power: The machine has to calculate the width of each character in the menu titles, determine the overall width of one menu entry, its distance to the „neighbouring“ menu titles and compare this to all other entries (and child entries), to „balance“ the distances. And
  • because the menu would be very flickering, it you for example use bold letters at rollover instead or normal weight in normal state: In this case, the menu would grow and shrink, when you rollover an entry. Not so nice, isn’t it. But this wasn’t your question.

Yes, Muse „has so many restrictions, it’s just insane!“

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines