• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicating content of a page not the hyperlinks

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably doing this wrong - I have a page with all 50 states listed, each linked to a separate PDF.  I copied the content of that page and pasted in place onto a new one, I changed the hyperlinks to got o different PDFs and even though they say they are, they still revert to the links from the original page.  I have cleared my browsers, re-booted etc?

I am also trying to figure out a way to have the same page in different areas on the site map as it will be linked in different menus to the same location.

Thanks, hopefully its clear!

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

I think, I see, your problem!

Please do the following:

• Go to the page "State Statues"

• Click once onto the text box "Michigan", so that the box (not the text itself!) is selected.

• Look into the "Hyperlinks" menu in the upper control strip.

• You see, it links to "Michigan Compact Language.pdf"

• Now double click onto the text box "Michigan" and select the text within by one more double click.

• Again look into the "Hyperlinks" menu in the upper control strip.

• You see, it links to "Michigan State

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richar,

As per your description what I understood is your new hyperlinks are redirecting to the old links.

Well there mush something very simple which we didn't focus on.

Can you please make a screen grab of the process you are following and share it with us so we can see what exactly is going wrong?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush

I had already deleted the pages with a view to just typing all the content out again separately on the different page so I cant do a screen grab.  Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

retyping the names of the states and linking them again works okay, I just dont understand why copying the whole page would not allow me to change the links?  Can I have duplicate pages in different parts of the site map?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give us a .muse file with only one  of those names and links (–> via Dropbox or a similar file sharing service)? As far as I understand, this should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry not sure I understand, do you want the whole page or the whole muse file? how do I share a dropbox link here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydbw3935yaspdk7/MIC3%20Website%20as%20at%2019%20Jun%202017.muse?dl=0

Dropbox - MIC3 Website as at 19 Jun 2017.muse

I have linked the whole site, I think?  If yo can see it you will see a page named stae profiles which link to profile pdfs and a page named state statutes.  I copied the information from the profile page, removed all the links and then just added different links but even though they say they are going to the new location they revert to the old link?  The one link in play is "Michigan" on the state statute page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, I see, your problem!

Please do the following:

• Go to the page "State Statues"

• Click once onto the text box "Michigan", so that the box (not the text itself!) is selected.

• Look into the "Hyperlinks" menu in the upper control strip.

• You see, it links to "Michigan Compact Language.pdf"

• Now double click onto the text box "Michigan" and select the text within by one more double click.

• Again look into the "Hyperlinks" menu in the upper control strip.

• You see, it links to "Michigan State Profile.pdf"

What do you expect Muse to do? To which PDF should it link? This is a nice "double bind" situation!

Please note:

• You can assign a link to a text box (just as you can assign a link to an image, a rectangle or other elements), and

• You can assign a link to the text itself

You did both – and Muse in this case decides, to use the link, which is assigned to the text itself and not to the text box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines