Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Content Help

New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a site with 3 pages that draw data from a database via php. One of the pages includes a bunch of styling as well. So far the only way I have found to make this work is to publish the site, then edit those three pages adding the scripts and call to a .php file. Its messy and every time I make changes to the site I have to go back and edit these three pages every time. I've also tried iframes...but I can never get them to show all the content without scrolling.

It would be awesome if there is/was a way to have muse do this prior to publishing.

Here is a link to one of the simple pages: http://oddsideales.com/all-beers.html

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

It's not just php sites that are open to hackers, but anything that is open source.

The problem with open source code 'security', is that the code is free and can be inspected by anyone, and all the security measures included in the code are there to see. Even the log-in admin page location is the same in every implementation of the cms, so the potential hacker does not even have to find where it is, they can go straight to it and start hacking.

The OP though, may be using cut and paste php code t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is your issue? Without coding skills, this would not be possible, I assume. You can either work with muse – so far so good – or you work with an app, that supports php. You would need at least a 3rd party widget to do this.

Maybe, and you have to check this very properly, and this is only if you "must" use muse, try a CMS like Contao.

There´s an app from Startseite - Conmunicator (DE) ​. As far as I know, this CMS is very stable, comparable to TYPO 3 maybe, if you know this. Also Ussnorway​ has a CMS, being able to work with musefiles, in mind, I remember?

At Startseite - Conmunicator (DE) you would also have a phone number, this would be very helpful before you start.

The only downside – only maybe – you should learn a little Contao as well.

All advices are only helpful, if you "must" use muse, I guess.

Maybe also Pavel Homeriki​ has a solution in mind?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is every time I make changes to the site in muse, I have to go back and edit the three pages that use php. I have to add all that code back in. Its a real pain. I just want a simple solution for the information being drawn from the database to be displayed between the header and footer at full height so I dont end up with 2 vertical scroll bars. So it looks just like it does now.

http://www.oddsideales.com/all-beers.html

http://www.oddsideales.com/find-beer.html

http://www.oddsideales.com/on-tap.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, muse creates html. You need php. I have no idea why not check my advices from above?

I don`t even see any issue on your pages. I only see one vertical scrollbar on your original link and the last three links.

No difference to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no issues on the published site. The issue is what it takes to get it there as described above. I want to be able to have it native in the muse site when building it. That way when it publishes, everything is done. No post editing those three pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to have it native in the muse site when building it. That way when it publishes, everything is done. No post editing those three pages.

This is not possible with Muse. You will have to repeat the action every time. There is no other way. Muse generates a simple html code and does not support php. The best way for you is to remake your site in Dreamweaver or in some kind of CMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about an iframe that gets its height based on the content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can use iframe. But this is not very good for seo. Search engines do not like iframes. But of course you decide. I would be remade in Dreamweaver .
Dropbox - [PH]Full_height_responsive_iframe.mulib

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That almost works. Except you cant get all the way to the bottom of the content...and my footer is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the footer in the layer higher than the Iframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While that was definitely a good suggestion, the widget still does not work in this situation. It does not fit the content between the header and footer. Without that, the content is hidden behind the footer and the only way to get to it is not hiding the browser scroll bars....and then its just a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I and Pavel tried to tell you. Use a CMS. I also suggested a CMS where you can still use muse, so what?

Wait for Ussnorway​. Maybe she has another more english related CMS corresponding with muse.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cms I use is called Publiz and yes it would do this job

p.s, its he not she

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all the suggestions but I have no idea why I would use a CMS to fix this issue. The site is built and works great. The only thing I am trying to avoid is editing the html after the site is published with Muse. Maybe I am totally missing something as I am not that familiar with CMS to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you wrote about issues with writing scripts, having issues with php. Muse does no php. That`s why CMS.

If you can keep with muse, do so. If not, change application. You do not really need the CMS function but mostly CMS can handle database and php.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best options still remain Dreamveaver or some kind of CMS (php engine).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver needs some coding skills, doesn`t it? I have to admit, that I don´t know about coding skills with public (they say no coding).

The CMS form conmunicator is a one time payment of € 79,90, public needs € 60,00 per year. Both not that big deal, though.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  написал(а)

Dreamweaver needs some coding skills, doesn`t it?

fotoroeder  написал(а)

The CMS form conmunicator is a one time payment of € 79,90, public needs € 60,00 per year. Both not that big deal, though.

I do not think it's worth spending money on an unpromising CMS that does not have a large community and a lot of extensions. I do not think it's worth what skreshivat any CMS with the Muse. I call it - Frankenstein.

There are excellent CMS, such as joomla and Wordpress (free and better than CMS form conmunicator) with which you just have to learn how to work without Muse. And believe me - it's easier to work with a separate CMS than trying to understand Frankenstein Muse + CMS. I'd rather buy this for $ 89 than the CMS form communicator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it this what you mean:

скрещивать [скре́щивать]{глаг.}

EN

Anyway, I got the message. Heard a lot about joomla, WP is popular for hackers, the web says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it this what you mean:

Yes.

Anyway, I got the message. Heard a lot about joomla, WP is popular for hackers, the web says.

Absolutely any php engine is a potential target for hackers, since php is the environment for server programming.

Mercedes can easily be hijacked if you left it and did not close the door. Absolutely the same way the CMS form conmunicator is susceptible to hacking. Cracking is subject to all where there are letters php

. It is necessary to understand this and lock the doors to the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just php sites that are open to hackers, but anything that is open source.

The problem with open source code 'security', is that the code is free and can be inspected by anyone, and all the security measures included in the code are there to see. Even the log-in admin page location is the same in every implementation of the cms, so the potential hacker does not even have to find where it is, they can go straight to it and start hacking.

The OP though, may be using cut and paste php code to do what they are currently doing, which may make using Dw difficult. That said, they should have known the problems with using server-side code with Muse, when they first decided to use Muse. The idea of using an iframe though is probably the simplest solution, as the search engine will still 'see' the content of the iframe providing it is not from an external source, (iframe content should be from same site).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  написал(а)

If you apply the correct security measures, for example, hide the administrator login page, prohibit the execution of php scripts, except index.php hide the meta generator and some more, then hackers will have a hard time. Of course, if you want to hack you can do anything. It is also possible to hack a system with private code. Just do not leave your car open and then the chances that it will be stolen very little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hackers work on the Mik principle i.e, moron in charge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines