• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit menu

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to add external links and social links to the horizontal menu bar, also links to pages that are not on the top-level?

If so how do I do this?

Sorry I couldn't find this exact question on the forums, and I couldn't access the assets for the beginners tutorial.

I've been doing this all of two days and this is what I have to show for my efforts: Home

I would appreciate feedback on content, design and structure/implementation, .

I hope to learn enough when I have finished the trial and get the software single app adobe cc (monthly) to add website design/building in adobe software to my freelancing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Moizabug  wrote

Is it possible to add external links and social links to the horizontal menu bar, also links to pages that are not on the top-level?

Yes

Moizabug  wrote

If so how do I do this?

that depends on your design... have a look at this demo page outside

• the top menu is the default
  • the middle one has a state button on top of the outside page to point to the dragon page instead (only fixed width menus)

Screenshot (1306).png

• and the bottom one is just a manual made menu

there are some other tricks but these are the basi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moizabug  wrote

Yes

Moizabug  wrote

If so how do I do this?

that depends on your design... have a look at this demo page outside

• the top menu is the default
  • the middle one has a state button on top of the outside page to point to the dragon page instead (only fixed width menus)

Screenshot (1306).png

• and the bottom one is just a manual made menu

there are some other tricks but these are the basic two ... a manual menu works best when your site won't grow or change much latter on

the middle is the better option otherwise because the menu bar under the state button is still dynamic and will adjust itself as your site does... you still need to test on each breakpoint | device

other options include; Iframes, code redirrects and dns entries but those last two get into code that most Muse users don't want to go

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great, thanks!

so how do I make a drop-down menu button? with a inside bevel on click (or something like that)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Click onto the „Effects“ link in Muse’s upper control strip and assign the effect you want to the „State“ you want (by changing the „States“ panel.

By the way: Would be better to create a new thread with this new problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines