• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements in Responsive Widgets not consistent

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally having responsive widgets is great, but  it seems that the resizing of elements within a composition are inconsistent and have limited control. On this sample page under the "What is ECP?" tab, you can see while resizing slightly from full screen browser width to slightly smaller that the shadowed background resizes both vertically and horizontally while the Embedded HTML box which contains the video code from YouTube resizes only horizontally. This leaves the background box to shrink beneath it while it stays full height.

Glaucoma  (Choose the "What is ECP?" tab.)

Also, there needs to be more control of the responsive choices for each element. The resizing selector is grayed out for most elements.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

This works fine here. The preconditions:

• You have to use the newest version of Muse 2017.1.
  • The shadowed box has to be a rectangle (not a picture box) with scaling set to „Responsive width“, not „Responsive Width and Height". If this is set, the rectangle will adapt its height according to the elements within. No grouping necessary!
  • The text box under the video has to be set to „Responsive Width“.
  • The video itself should scale proportionally – what the built in  YouTube widget does.
  • No element needs

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works fine here. The preconditions:

• You have to use the newest version of Muse 2017.1.
  • The shadowed box has to be a rectangle (not a picture box) with scaling set to „Responsive width“, not „Responsive Width and Height". If this is set, the rectangle will adapt its height according to the elements within. No grouping necessary!
  • The text box under the video has to be set to „Responsive Width“.
  • The video itself should scale proportionally – what the built in  YouTube widget does.
  • No element needs any pinning.

This is the result:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... I didn't realize that I was using the image rectangle by accident. Dumb mistake...

However, I'm still not getting your results. I've re-uploaded another version, with 2 video display areas. The upper version has all the elements grouped. The group is the only element that allows me to make responsive settings. It is currently set to width & height for the group.

Glaucoma  (Choose the "What is ECP?" tab.)

The lower video version has all the elements separate (ungrouped) with all set to just Responsive Width. (The Embedded HTML box doesn't allow for Width and Height anyway.) In your example, the box still resizes with the elements over it. My EmbeddedHTML code is as follows:

<div class="VidDiv ">

<iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CET-5kyofWo?list=PL3E65E214F2814B82" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

</div>

with a CSS in the header for the VidDiv class...

.VidDiv {

position:absolute;

width:100%;

height:100%;

background-color: #cccccc;

}

Could you show me your EmbeddedHTML code please?

Am I not laying out the elements properly to get them to resize together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t use „embed code“, I used Muse’ built in YouTube widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong here. I thought it all worked correctly for a moment. The YouTube widget shows the preview of my video. Then when I preview the page, the video doen't show and the resizing no longer works the way yours does.

I ma need to uninstall and reinstall Muse. This is too weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, don’t think reinstalling helps.

Again the question: Wich „YouTube widget are you talking about: the built in of Muse or a different one?

Could you please give us the .muse file with only rectangle containing the video and the caption and the text frame next to it. Please, nothing more! To do so, please follow the instructions here: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines