• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed Quicktime video in Muse

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find a way to do simple edits to Quicktime video, then embed it in Muse pages without having to learn Premier Pro or some other video editing software. I ain't making a feature length film, I just want to put some short Quick time videos on my web pages that I take with my iPhone. I've spent hours looking at different widgets, applications, etc. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Premier Pro is really aimed at industry professionals.  It takes years to master it.

I think for what you're doing, iMovie is a better fit.  And it's free.

iMovie - Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime is dead.  Convert your MOV files to MP4s which have native browser support in all devices.  No Apple plugins required.

If your hosting server supports the MP4 MIME type, you can embed HTML5 video with the following code.

<div class="video-wrapper">

<!--CHANGE MP4 AND POSTER IMAGE TO YOUR OWN-->

<video src="assets/YOUR_VIDEO.mp4" type="video/mp4" poster="assets/YOUR_POSTER_IMAGE.png" controls ></video>

</div>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Macs and keep my OS updated. I believe that my iPhone 6 records video as MOV and I don't see any other format choices in the settings.   I'm looking for more than an oversimplified, "just do this" answer if you have one. Like, what (if any) Adobe product can I use to convert MOV and/or Quicktime files to MP4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which video editing software do you use?

Or try this online converter.  There's nothing to install.

Online video converter to MP4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy. I'll check out that link. I don't have any video editing software, but have the full Adobe Cloud and CS6 Fireworks. I downloaded Premier Pro, and messed with it a couple o fhours but that looks like quite a learning curve. I'm a retired graphic designer and most of my experience was in print. I just dabble with a couple of websites as a hobby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Pro is really aimed at industry professionals.  It takes years to master it.

I think for what you're doing, iMovie is a better fit.  And it's free.

iMovie - Apple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's the impression I got about Premier Pro. I think iMovie used to come with the Mac OS way back when. I just downloaded it and will try your suggestion above. I'm working on a little Muse site where I rank live bands that play in the area. I take short videos with my iPhone, and wanted to embed them with the reviews.

Thanks again,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines