Highlighted

embedded MP4 issues

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What HTML file formats are required in order to make MP4s compatible in all web browsers?

I create a MUSE site with 3 embedded HTML videos. I used the code provided from Embed videos into your Adobe Muse site | Adobe Content Corner

1 video runs on Firefox - the other 2 do not appear (black spaces - not even as still images)

1 video image appears as a still image in Chrome and Safari but does not run - the other 2 do not appear.

I used the same HTML code for all 3. (obviously, w/file names changed)

I coded the videos to autoplay + loop. No buttons, no controls, no bells + whistles.

As per my web host, adobe customer chat support + adobe customer phone support - the code looks good. No one can figure out why the HTMLs inconsistently appear and inconsistently run.

You guys are my last resort. Any suggestions?

Also, do you know of any third party widget that sounds like what I need. A widget that simply autoplays and loops short, small MP4s.

thanks,

erana k

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Autoplay and loop are not widely supported by all browsers and devices.  There's not much you can do about it because the vast majority of web users hate autoplaying media.  That's why there are so many autoplay blockers available like these.

If you truly want people to experience your video, you need to have a player with controls.  And you need to let users decide if they want to invoke the player or not. 

This embed code is all you need for all devices:

<video poster="path/YOUR_POSTER_IMAGE.jpg" controls="controls">

<source src="path/YOUR_VIDEO.mp4" type="video/mp4">

</video>

This code will work in some devices but not others.

<video poster="path/YOUR_POSTER_IMAGE.jpg" muted="muted" autoplay="autoplay" >

</video>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

embedded MP4 issues

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What HTML file formats are required in order to make MP4s compatible in all web browsers?

I create a MUSE site with 3 embedded HTML videos. I used the code provided from Embed videos into your Adobe Muse site | Adobe Content Corner

1 video runs on Firefox - the other 2 do not appear (black spaces - not even as still images)

1 video image appears as a still image in Chrome and Safari but does not run - the other 2 do not appear.

I used the same HTML code for all 3. (obviously, w/file names changed)

I coded the videos to autoplay + loop. No buttons, no controls, no bells + whistles.

As per my web host, adobe customer chat support + adobe customer phone support - the code looks good. No one can figure out why the HTMLs inconsistently appear and inconsistently run.

You guys are my last resort. Any suggestions?

Also, do you know of any third party widget that sounds like what I need. A widget that simply autoplays and loops short, small MP4s.

thanks,

erana k

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Autoplay and loop are not widely supported by all browsers and devices.  There's not much you can do about it because the vast majority of web users hate autoplaying media.  That's why there are so many autoplay blockers available like these.

If you truly want people to experience your video, you need to have a player with controls.  And you need to let users decide if they want to invoke the player or not. 

</video>

</video>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

</video>

</video>

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2019 1