Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1009

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

In the last day, we've had a problem with Muse crashing shortly after startup (before we can do anything with the files) . It comes up with error 'TypeError: Error #1009 Cannot access a property or method of a null object'

This has been happening on multiple files (4 versions of the website), some that were edited fine just a few days ago, and also others that we last edited 6 months ago. It is also happening on different machines, with different operating systems and different versions of Muse (2017 & 2018) and also both on and off servers and the internet.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated

Regards,

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil,

Many apologies to find you in this trouble.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick response. I will send you a Dropbox link to the problematic files now. These are the original 2017 version files that were working fine.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you see the crash randomly or while performing any specific tasks?

As till now, they didn't crash at my end!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was mainly random, but most often crashed about 5 secs after I clicked on a page to load it. They did open again ok this afternoon, then after about 10 minutes crashed and wouldn’t reopen. This was whilst I was working on the main Homepahe website, on the ‘Locations’ section.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, lookin further into your file.

Regadrs,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Just to maybe add a bit more light on our problems, we have continued testing various files, machines, operating systems and versions of Muse this morning, but one thing we have noticed is that the problem (at the moment) is only appearing on files edited by versions Muse from my Creative Cloud account? My account is running Muse on two different machines, with two different OS and different versions of Muse (2017 & 2018). When someone else edits the previously problematic files (with the same Muse and OS I have one my main machine), the files open fine and the problem doesn't seem to appear. Likewise files they have worked on, or created problem free, will then no longer open on either of my machines - it crashes immediately with the 1009 error.

Could this problem be linked to a larger error with my creative cloud (on both machines?)

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The strange thing is I have kept your files open since yesterday and also tried to do some operations on it, but none of them crashed yet.

I am working on Win 10, Muse version 2018.0

So probably this could be an issue with the different version of files you are working on!

Ask them to share the files through any other sharing service like Dropbox and also try to keep the same version of Muse in both the systems.

Now see if it works fine.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main machine which the files were created on is a Mac running OS Sierra and Muse 2017. When the problem started I upgraded my other Mac to High Sierra and Muse 2018, incase the problem was the older software. Even new versions of the website created and saved on the 2018 machine have this problem.

Does creative cloud store or cache any information regarding programs (ie. Muse) that could be affecting both machines and both versions of Muse? The other Mac that is working fine on the files, is in the same design studio, same spec machine, reading from the same server and on the same network, just with a different user ID on the creative cloud

Regards,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try this way to eliminate any chances of id error.

Can you try logging into the id of the system which is problematic with the one which is running fine?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea. I will try that tomorrow as the other ID is in use today.

I will let you know if it solves anything...

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

We logged out of the problematic Creative Cloud account this morning and logged back into it using the details from the Creative Cloud account that was running fine, but the problem is still persisting.

We have however noticed the problem is only at the moment on certain files all based around the website that I sent across to you, other websites seem fine on both systems?

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey by any means do you have SVG images in your file?

If yes, please try removing them and replacing with JPGs and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I have just checked all the assets and it is just jpgs, pngs and a few gifs.

We will keep testing things and see if we can identify anymore patterns that could give us a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I was just updating an existing site that always worked fine. Untill now the 1009 error.

Is it some how possible to finally build a Muse version that's free of errors??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines