Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 553: u67546-6.png

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm a new employee at a company that uses Muse to update their Menu server to allow clients and employees to access documents. Recently, my coworker has been helping transfer the Muse files over to me to edit. So far, I have only changed some fonts, added some buttons, and linked some files (which are accessible to every computer in the building, so there is no issue there).

Unfortunately, we have recently come across an issue.

Yesterday, I was able to do the previously mentioned tasks for the first couple hours of work, but then suddenly when I tried to upload via the FTP Host (which I had done that day already with no issues), first of all, it got stuck at 28%, saying "Finishing export of HTML files," and it was like that for about an hour before I exited out and had my coworker attempt to complete the FTP upload from his computer (as he usually does). He proceeded to upload it, it froze in the same spot for a few minutes, and then it gave an error stating:

"Error: Error uploading file u67546-6.png. Failed FTP upload: 553"

We don't have a png anywhere that we can find under that name.

Are the Muse buttons/widgets pngs? Could this be just ONE button giving me issues?

We contacted someone the other day after we had the same issue, and he was able to resolve it because there was some sort of permission error, but he gave all the necessary permissions, so why is it suddenly doing it again?

Also-- we only ever upload to the FTP Host with the option to upload only the changed parts, but whenever this issue arises, I've noticed it tries to upload the entire site instead and you can't convince it to do otherwise.

Basically my question is, given the above situation, how can we fix this issue and prevent it from happening again?

Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

There are many situation, when Muse has to rename image files or even has to create new ones.

What happens, if you export your site as HTML to your hard drive and try to inspect this „misbehaving“ image? It will be stored in the exported „images“ folder.

You told us "So far, I have only changed some fonts …" Did you perhaps use system fonts in this case? System fonts have to be converted to images during output, and this ends up in exporting images with exactly these kind of file name.

The reason f

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many situation, when Muse has to rename image files or even has to create new ones.

What happens, if you export your site as HTML to your hard drive and try to inspect this „misbehaving“ image? It will be stored in the exported „images“ folder.

You told us "So far, I have only changed some fonts …" Did you perhaps use system fonts in this case? System fonts have to be converted to images during output, and this ends up in exporting images with exactly these kind of file name.

The reason for font conversion? Read my answer #4 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163​

It may be possible, that Muse gets a hiccup, if it has to convert lots of long text frames to PNGs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed all of my fonts to web-friendly fonts, but now I'm getting more Error 553s, but now they are all with different .css files. Each time I get one, I completely recreate that page and reupload (which takes hours because it keeps trying to upload the entire site), and then I get a different css with an error. Any idea why it keeps doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you

• use menu „File/Export as HTML …“? Does this provoke the alert too?
  • upload your site test-wise to a free Businesscatalyst account, using the „Publish“ button top right in Muse’s application window?
  • if you temporarily save the server-based files temporarily local on your machine?

Uploading more than you would expect may happen

• if you are uploading with a new version of Muse, to assure, that changes in output formats are respected, or
  • if the modifications you made, are changes on a master page.

If this happens always, the reason might be, that the previous uploads weren’t successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines