• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in latest Muse update 2017.2 - lightbox menu

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a lightbox work as a menu bar, and in prior versions of Muse this work fine.

Now with the latest update it doesn't.

It didn't work in the the latest 3 prereleases of Muse either.

I have re-installed version CC 2017.0 and the menu works again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Seems to be the bug, I mentioned above. I reported it in the Muse Prerelease forum.

Workaround:

Don’t use a menu within the composition widget, use single rectangles or images and link them to your pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you give us a simple .muse file to demonstrate the issue (-> Dropbox)? As a member of the prerelease community you certainly are used to this procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter

My bad, I was just giving you guys a heads up, but of course.

Forgive me for not having time right now to get a dropbox account ect. If nobody else experience this error it doesn't matter.

With regards, and thanks for the fast answer.

Jønne Rantzau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• A "lightbox": I assume, you mean a composition lightbox …

• A "Menu bar": I assume, you mean a standard menu bar. Horizontally or vertically?

• "It didn't work": What "didn't work": Is not showing, Can't be clicked? Doesn’t link? Can't be closed? …

• Does the menu link to other pages or to anchors on the same page?

• do you have a fixed width page or a responsive page with only one breakpoint?

All that is working here without an issue.

• The only issue I can find: You have a fluid page with more than one breakpoint. In this case the lightbox-driven menu doesn’t show up.

Do you mean this? Don’t think so, but if yes: Not so easy to find, if you simply say "didn’t work".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter

Sorry, i simply can't figure out how to share the file with you via dropbox without your email?

Ok, I'll try answer your questions instead:

Yes, I have a menu bar - hamburger symbol in a composition lightbox that - when you click on it - opens up as a screen wide box with menu-links you can click to navigate further. (see www.danalock.com)

In all prior Muse versions this menu worked nicely, but I noticed a while ago that this menu bar didn't open up in the the latest Muse prereleases, and now the menu bar doesn't open in Muse 2017.2

I then un-installed that Muse version, re-instaled the old version 2017.0 and the menu works again, as you can see on the website linked above. Thus this heads-up, it might be something I didn't do right, but it does work in the old version of Muse.

WR

Jønne Rantzau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be the bug, I mentioned above. I reported it in the Muse Prerelease forum.

Workaround:

Don’t use a menu within the composition widget, use single rectangles or images and link them to your pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, thanks.

I look forward to the next update.

WR

Jønne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you see: In case of your site, it is done within minutes, to replace the menu by single elements – without changing the "look" in any way.

But, it is ok, if you want to wait …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter

I discovered that if I set both "Show target" and "Hide target" to "on click"
the menu works in the latest Muse update again.

I hope you guys can use this information

wr

Jønne Rantzau

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So rantzau666​, if I understand it right, you still put the MENU or the HAMBURGER into to trigger, and put the menu into the target?

And it does work like intended when you set both "Show" and "Hide"to "onclick"?

And the memu closes after having clicked? I´ll give it a try as well.

Thanks

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi fotoroeder

Yes, I hope you reach same conclusion.

wr

Jønne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines