• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error installing Adobe Muse. Install file is damaged.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get to a new, non-damaged version of the trial download install file for Muse?  (I am installing on an iMac desktop and successfully downloaded and installed a trial version of Dreamweaver CS6 yesterday.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

It sounds like this package was working up until the 19th.  Please try downloading and installing Adobe Muse from https://creative.adobe.com/  You will want to login with the Adobe ID tied to your Creative Cloud or Adobe Muse subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you currently installing the trial for Muse from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm not mistaken, I had gone to this page :

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?term=adobe+muse&loc=en_us&siteSection=downloads%3A%3Fpromoid%3DJZEFW

and from there selected "Download free trial version Adobe Muse | Adobe

which lands you on:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=muse&loc=en_us (this currently gives me an "error processing your request"),

I had also tried to access it via the "Free Trial" link, which also now produces an "error processing your request".

Thanks to new link address from Kapil.Malik, I have successfully installed Adobe Muse! Thank you, and let the fun begin !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can download it from:

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/adobemuse/builds/muse_2-2-1_install_ mac.dmg

Thanks

Kapil Malik

Regards,
Kapil Malik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Kapil, the link you have provided me with provided a good install file, which I have downloaded and installed with success!!!

Now, I can get exploring the product, I'm very excited!!! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Are welcome Marsha!!

Regards,
Kapil Malik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter where I go I keep getting the error message I've used Muse and I am installing Muse trial to check out current version. When I install I get "This application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from application author"  The file was downloaded from Adobe several times and the same thing happens.

When I was working with the Muse beta I never had a problem. Now when I need  to get onboard this happens and is frustrating. Please HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't get too excited about Muse. Adobe killed it a few years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why are we resurrecting posts from 2012?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This package is reporting its corrupted when I try to install it.
Is there a new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have atempted to install muse from the link above and I get this error messageScreen Shot 2012-10-21 at 7.44.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing. Adobe, please help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like this package was working up until the 19th.  Please try downloading and installing Adobe Muse from https://creative.adobe.com/  You will want to login with the Adobe ID tied to your Creative Cloud or Adobe Muse subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! It worked perfectly! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a creative cloud sub. I deleted Muse by putting it into the trash and empied trash. Still The Adobe Application Manager says it's installed. I had a corrupted upgrade version. Now I have no muse and no way to get it. I went to the downloads page and it won't download either. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Michaelwolf160il this is likely due to you just deleting the application.  Please try utilizing the uninstaller located in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers and then try the installation again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to install MUSE on a MAC (Mountain Lion), I have the latest Air, but still receive the installer has been misconfigured message.

I dowloaded MUSE months ago, but never started my trial.

Today (and from today onwards) I need to get involved with Muse and use it for a couple of websites that I need to design.

I activated my 30 day trial today, but I got a splash screen saying there is a new version available.

When I pressed install, I got this error again. Then I tried to download the installation files from Adobe website, by logging in with my ID, same error popped up. My current Muse's version info is below.

What would you suggest?

Screen Shot 2013-03-28 at 12.29.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kaanaydogmus have you tried the steps listed in this discussion thread?  If so can you please list the steps you have tried and their results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything apart from uninstalling and reinstalling Muse.

And in each step I got the same Installer has been misconfigured warning mentioned above.

I am hesitant to uninstalling as I am scared of losing my old version.

What would I do if it doesn't let me to install after uninstalling the old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines