Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error loading bitmap data for Bitmap Object

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  - this error keeps crashing Muse.

I have restarted computer, checked for Muse updates, searched this forum, but there are no answers to this specific error. Any ideas on how to fix this? I can't get into the program long enough to look for the offending bitmap data/object.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

I just renamed the file now it and it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actual system information and an explanation what you last did when Muse (possibly) still worked nobody can really tell you much. This could be some damaged preview thumbnail or some asset that Muse attempts to load over and over again and thus reinstalling the program wil ldo nothing. You would have to delete the offending items.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file had been saved on one pc laptop computer (in the creative cloud), closed, then my colleague tried to open it on another computer (mac desktop), and now it won't open on either computer.  Usually have had no issues with this.

Also tried opening file from folder instead of "recent" files, but it didn't matter.

What was being done before this happened:

• Experimented with embedding video on About Us page. Ended up deleting all video code as none of it worked for our purposes. Moved some graphics around.
  • Deleted old logos from Donors page.

Using Muse CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey alisonl,

Adding to Mylenium,

If this is an issue related to a specific .muse file, please sharing your .muse file with us so for further investigation and fixing it.

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush - I can't open any pages to try this, but this is helpful for future issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got you, please send me your whole Muse and I shall give it a try to repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just renamed the file now it and it works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that was a 1 sec fix. I am glad that you fixed it.

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines