• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message & Missing Display on Start-up

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resisted doing the latest update for Muse for months.  This past Friday I decided to give in (because heck, I pay $50+ a month, it should technically improve my experience by updating the programs right?) - and after updating one site (www.owlkeyme.com), I once again got the super annoying pop-up "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author." - which I had gotten last year at some point, and had spent hours in email, phone, and chats with Adobe and my hosting company to resolve.  After trying many different things (I cleaned the server, I cleared caches on my browser and host, I uploaded the site completely/anew, etc) eventually it went away in a few days.  I see this time around, there's a "known issue" page, and I attempted the workarounds listed - and 3 days later, still have the annoying pop-up message.  Of course during this, I lost a gallery lead because they were frustrated by the pop-up and didn't have time to deal with it - and this is the busy holiday season, so I am potentially losing orders.  Really sucks on so many levels. Are there any other suggestions that actually work?? I'm afraid to update any of my other websites.

Also, before the update, Muse had stopped showing the icons for "recent projects" upon startup.  I figured this may be one of the things fixed - and I really liked that feature, hence why I did the update.  I thought perhaps something accidentally got switched off, but I'm not even sure where to look to get that to show up again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha...and of course just after I posted this, I tried to upload again (after I just did another update and got the same result), and the error message is gone.

Apparently it's the "bitch about it on the Adobe board, then it will magically fix itself" workaround.

Still looking for input on the start up display/missing project thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi owlkeyme,

Sorry to find you in this trouble, however, this issue should have been solved by the steps given in this doc - Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing which you said that already performed by you.

But if still not resolved then using this widget - Widgets for muse Shop which has also worked for many.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush - figured out which library it's supposed to go in - is there a specific place I need to drag it in a project (just once in the master page, or every page?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please make sure if you are on the right page!

You have first downloaded the widget > then opened the .zip file > double clicked on .mulib file

After this, the widget should show up in Library panel in Muse.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines