Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error message ​"Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect..."

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Musers

​I am experiencing a problem that seems quite common on the Adobe forum. I recently updated a page on my Muse website and now on every page load the browser displays the error message:

"Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author."

​*I am running the latest version of Muse 2018.1 I have tried all of the suggested fixes bellow and am at a loss of what to do.

​1) I have changed all the AppPrefs.xml files in Text Editor to <true/> and saved.

​2) I checked to make sure this was working in my Index.html file which read:

" // Decide whether to suppress missing file error or not based on preference setting

var suppressMissingFileError = true".

3) deleted all files from public_html and uploaded them again. I did this by manually uploading and through adobe Muse FTP.

4) I have cleared the cache and checked on Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

NONE of the above options have worked and I am still getting the error message. I would appreciate any help possible as this is a very bad look and my clients are not impressed. Thanks​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

I ended up contacting my Host provider (Bluehost) and asked them to empty the server cache on their end which FIXED the issue.

Thanks Günter Heißenbüttel for your help

I hope this can be of assistance to anyone in my situation, hopefully it will save you a day of messing around!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up contacting my Host provider (Bluehost) and asked them to empty the server cache on their end which FIXED the issue.

Thanks Günter Heißenbüttel for your help

I hope this can be of assistance to anyone in my situation, hopefully it will save you a day of messing around!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines