Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error messages in browser and problems with width in mobile

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Muse community,

Ever since the first time I updated my website with Adobe Muse 2018 I've been getting error messages before loading every page (even after emptying cache).

I've been using Adobe Muse to create my portfolio website for two years. Until the latest update, I haven't encountered problems I could't fix myself. Now, after updating to Adobe Muse 2018 and after updating my website, I'm also having problems with what seems to be the width of the pages in mobile (See attachment).

IMG_2618.PNG

I regularly use the Gallery Connect plugin from Muse-themes.com on several pages. I've read through discussions on this forum that there seems to be an issue (bug) with several widgets since the update of Adobe Muse 2018. I have placed their helper widget on my main master page. The problems haven't resolved. Because the problems also occur on pages that don't have the Gallery Connect widget (Homepage, About), I don't believe the issue lies within its settings.

I spent quite some time figuring out the problem but I'm out of ideas and I could really appreciate it if someone with more experience could take the time to review my problems.

The current state of the website: http://jesperkrijgsman.com

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Thanks again for the reply Günther.

I found out that even with only a single line of text as footer element the issue was there.

After assigning all footer elements as non-footer elements (unchecking footer element box) the issue was resolved.

Now, even the footer gallery seems to be working fine.

Could be an issue with the .muse file, but I'd rather fix the website with this method than start from scratch.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a .muse file, which we can inspect.

• Please delete all pages but one.
  • Delete all not affected breakpoints.
  • Delete all elements which are not related to the issue. (Delete one –> check, if the issue is there again –> delete the next – check, if the issue is there again,  and so on.) If you don’t do it, we have to do it.

You may follow these instructions for sharing the file: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Günther,

I've prepared a reduced version of my Muse website:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/633622c9-1b6e-4701-7ba9-71e1763e56df

Several pages remain that have the issue on mobile (when testing with Google Chrome or Safari (desktop) there is no issue. However, in mobile (iPhone + iPad the issue remains). I have deleted all the breakpoints and added them again over the last couple of days. Still, as I notice with my current uploaded website, the issue remains.

I hope you can have a look and find what might be the issue.

Thanks very much in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puh, this is a really stubborn „multi-causal“ glitch!

Your .muse document is converted from former Muse versions, and I suppose, that the file is (slightly) damaged  – maybe by conversion issues.

First the glitches, I found:

• The composition based menu is on the wrong layer, so it opens behind the images.
  • The Google Analytics widget is placed on top of the page, but defined as „Footer“ in every breakpoint.
  • The „Mucow Widget Fix“ can be deleted, because it isn’t needed any more.
  • The composition based menu is fixed width and „bleeds“ out of the smallest (300 px)breakpoint.

–> I corrected these issues, and in spite of this, the page can be shifted vertically at some breakpoints.

But fixing these issues doesn’t prevent, that the page can be shifted horizontally at some breakpoints.

There a two ways to fix this „shifting issue“:

• Delete the composition, and all works fine. This definitely is not an option.
  • Or delete the text line in the footer area, and all works fine. It doesn’t even help to move the footer text from the master page to the layout page!
  • By the way: Creating a new site with the same dimensions/breakpoints and copying the elements onto this doesn’t help.

Here the small sample file, based on the original .muse file, showing the issues quite clearly:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srd3wgkn108w31z/Jesper.zip?dl=0

Please preview in browser an see, if the page shifts vertically (–> It does.)

Now delete the composition menu and try again (–> The page doesn’t shift any more.)

Restore the composition menu again and delete the footer text box. (The page doesn’t shift too.)

ankushr40215001​, unfortunately I have to invite you again, to have a closer look at the sample file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Günther,

I deleted the composition based menu and placed to one you sent me in there and edited it.

Some problems have resolved but on the pages with the artworks the issue remains. I have reduced the website once more with only the artwork page. The issue is visible in every width now (in my main browser safari and on mobile). I really hope you can help once more.

Adobe Creative Cloud

The current state of the website: http://jesperkrijgsman.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have the time to investigate this issue in depth again, but if you delete the 3rd party „Gallery Connect" widget, all works as expected.

This may (or may not) indicate, that this widget is the culprit. You can test this, if you

• synchronise your breakpoints (you have 3 different sets of differently positioned breakpoints on layout page and on the parent and child master page.
  • place the single elements of this demo site (one by one) into a newly created, identically configured site.

Would be fine, if you report us back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for the reply Günther.

I found out that even with only a single line of text as footer element the issue was there.

After assigning all footer elements as non-footer elements (unchecking footer element box) the issue was resolved.

Now, even the footer gallery seems to be working fine.

Could be an issue with the .muse file, but I'd rather fix the website with this method than start from scratch.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines