Highlighted

Error sending form on Mediatemple servers

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, hello everybody.

I just uploaded a page with a contact form to my web site. My web site is hosted by MediaTemple. My server is Linux / has PHP. That's the URL: http://salvego.com/projetos.html

And I'm getting "The server encountered an error" when trying to send the form on my web site.

I checked if my PHP is running ok, as suggested by Adobe: http://salvego.com/scripts/form_check.php and everything is fine.

I tried to contact the MediaTemple support and they said that the code from my html looks ok and everything should be working. Of course, I didn't opened a ticket, it was just a chat support, but that's what he said to me:

<<

As long as the form coding will work with php()mail to send, it should be able to send from the server. Due to the inconsistency of php()mail, we recommend using a form that can send by SMTP and setting it up to connect with a username created for that form on the account.

I am not familiar with Adobe Muse and cannot confirm how it codes the pages it creates as sending forms. If it is using phpmail() to send, then it should be able to send from the server. When reviewing the projetos.html file on the server, I saw nothing that stood out as incorrect.

>>

So, now I ask. Someone have experience with MediaTemple servers? Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, nevermind. I just found out that the problem is related to the Captcha API. If I remove the captcha the form works without a problem...

I'm opening a new question here on the forums.

Thanks everybody.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error sending form on Mediatemple servers

Participant ,
Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, hello everybody.

I just uploaded a page with a contact form to my web site. My web site is hosted by MediaTemple. My server is Linux / has PHP. That's the URL: http://salvego.com/projetos.html

And I'm getting "The server encountered an error" when trying to send the form on my web site.

I checked if my PHP is running ok, as suggested by Adobe: http://salvego.com/scripts/form_check.php and everything is fine.

I tried to contact the MediaTemple support and they said that the code from my html looks ok and everything should be working. Of course, I didn't opened a ticket, it was just a chat support, but that's what he said to me:

<<

As long as the form coding will work with php()mail to send, it should be able to send from the server. Due to the inconsistency of php()mail, we recommend using a form that can send by SMTP and setting it up to connect with a username created for that form on the account.

I am not familiar with Adobe Muse and cannot confirm how it codes the pages it creates as sending forms. If it is using phpmail() to send, then it should be able to send from the server. When reviewing the projetos.html file on the server, I saw nothing that stood out as incorrect.

>>

So, now I ask. Someone have experience with MediaTemple servers? Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, nevermind. I just found out that the problem is related to the Captcha API. If I remove the captcha the form works without a problem...

Thanks everybody.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2017 0
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, any chances to have at least one person here in the forums to help me on this?

Adobe Staff? Anyone? Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2017 0
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everybody.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2017 0