• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error viewing website in browser

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a website using Muse and published it just this morning. Everything appears to be working properly except for some of the graphic elements that disappear when viewing the website in a browser (for example, I have a small animation on the landing page that doesn't work properly in Safari, but works fine in Chrome. On the other hand some graphic elements like lines disappear when viewing the site in Chrome but not in Safari). Though when I preview the site in Muse there is no problem at all. Could someone please help me understand what the problem could be? Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

I used a widget to create lines as well, you did them in illustrator, both fails in some cases.

I suggest to build your lines with the rectangle tool out of the box from Muse.

For breakpoints, yes, might be helpful to look further. Use your scrubber to check what happens on your site.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 17.33.50.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would require to understand what those elements are, i.e. seeing the site. Simply sounds like you're bumping into JavaScript issues plus some general page rendering differences in browsers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would really appreciate to help but how? Give us a link, for example.

Then we do it step by step.

Where are the differences on which page, which elements (screenshots).

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! Here is the website link http://crabb.it/

I have also attached a screenshot of my Muse file in which you can see a thin vertical line next to each text box (3 in total) When you see the same thing in a browser like Chrome, those lines seem to disappearScreen Shot 2017-10-18 at 16.13.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are quite a few elements which are not aligned correct:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 16.30.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 16.35.29.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 16.35.59.png

I can confirm that some lines are not displayed on chrome but in Safari.

I cannot see an animation on chrome, though.

How did you create the lines? Are there any 3rd party widgets in the pool as well?

Best Regads,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I need to create a few more breakpoints so that all the elements stay in place?

I created the lines in Illustrator and then used them in Muse from the CC Libraries panel. As for the widgets, I used a few from https://museforyoushop.com/ Do you think its these widgets that are creating problems? Thanks again for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a widget to create lines as well, you did them in illustrator, both fails in some cases.

I suggest to build your lines with the rectangle tool out of the box from Muse.

For breakpoints, yes, might be helpful to look further. Use your scrubber to check what happens on your site.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 17.33.50.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help! I will recreate the lines in Muse and probably add a few more breakpoints.

Will let you know if it works fine. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines