Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything go left on mobile landscape view

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there

I have an issue with my new designed website using Adobe Muse which I‘m new to it.

Everything works well on desktop & mobile view, but when I change orientation of my iPhone 6s & HTC One S to landscape, everything go a little to left, cause some of my texts & images go beyond view, zooming out also doesn’t fix it. I also searched forum a lot, some people fixed it by removing their unwanted hidden boxes on the right but I never have such thing in my designing page of Muse.

it’s really getting weird please help.

here is my site:

http://mehmoonitv1.ir/

Just view it on landscape orientation of your smartphone & u see the issue.

thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I managed to fix that “shift to left” issue but now I have some other issues, for example some of images are now covered my texts & they are not in their right place just like portrait view.

any tip? Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashPoint1985  schrieb

Update:

I managed to fix that “shift to left” issue but now I have some other issues, for example some of images are now covered my texts & they are not in their right place just like portrait view.

any tip? Thx

Greta, that you fixed the left shift. The other issue may have to do with the latest most current version of muse and the bug, released with it.

Which version do you use? Could you provide a .muse? Please follow this instruction:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching quick, it could be that it could be solved with grouping text and images, but maybe it´s a bug.

Give us some more detail, so we could investigate.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I’m new to muse, is “grouping texts & images” same selecting them and for example use pin to page?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for help.

it’s version 2017.0.3.20

Let me clear my current issue again: “landscape view on mobile has many issues such bad position of items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi flashpoint1985,

We are unable to access your site.

Can you please recheck the URL and let us know the correct one, so we can have a look at it?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs, the www, means : http://www.mehmoonitv1.ir/  , I found out.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is my .muse file with all assets useful? If yes I can upload them all sonewhere for u to investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

I guess, we don´t need assets. Try to reduce your issue to one page.

You can share via CC. Watch the above mentioned link.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share via CC or dropbox. Your "4share" likes to install flash and calls for every browser. I don`t want to do that.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the developer tool from Safari I see there´s some layout problem in your mobile design.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 23.01.11.png

Your design forces the mobile browsers to left align, I guess.

Your decision for breakpoint setup is, frankly speaking, interesting:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 23.04.26.png

For at least the mobile breakpoint at 480 you should use a fluid width breakpoint as you already use at 800.

I also recommend to use in your case fluid width breakpoints for 1440 and 1366 as well.

This could lead to less breakpoints, but … take care of pinning:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 23.09.31.png

This object on the right hand side is pinned to the left hand side of a container.

Different elements are placed in different layers, which is in your case difficult to keep track of.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 23.14.19.png

Your elements need some ordering – these two elements are at the very bottom and placed in the header-layer.

This makes maybe necessary grouping quite unpredictable.

I organized a .muse : Your menu buttons are set to "resize - None".

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 23.27.57.png

I reduced your site in the way, that I made most elements invisible:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 23.27.18.png

You may have a look at the file I provided here: Adobe Creative Cloud​ .

Watch, how I changed the menu at 960. You may use a different approach like hamburger menu or the word "menu" in your language.

I also grouped the top three objects, but didn`t group them at 960. You may see the difference and learn from it.

No pinning necessary – very important, I used version 2017.1. Might be a little work for you but give it a try. I don`t see any buggy issues at the moment.

Grouping is not the same as pinning: one of your questions are answered now, too.

Let me know, if you understand, order your element step by step …

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for time you spent.

I will try your tips step by step & report result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok “grouping” was an important feature that I missed & thanks to you, I used it & now no more miss position in my landscape view; but about layers, I sent those ”pomegranates” to header layer, because I wanted to make them overlay on my pinned menus just like this: 

2017-09-26 12.04.31

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eutyooat8os2cfj/2017-09-26%2012.04.31.png?dl=0

It gives a nice effect, isn’?! but my current problem is that because of grouping this image & text, which solved my landscape issue, now the text box is also on top & overlays on my menu like this:  

2017-09-26 12.05.10

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j40smh0cgtnurnn/2017-09-26%2012.05.10.png?dl=0

and as u see it doesn’t provide a nice effect.

so how can I only overlay image while keep image & text both in one group?!

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching the second link, I suggest to use the master for this.

Place your menu on master on the top layer. Don`t put anything in this top layer (I would call it "head" or "header") on any page except on master and only if you want to achieve that all content scrolls below/under the header.

If you want to improve readability, give this header a color fill or image fill or what ever you want.

If you need some more help, let me know

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply but if I even put pinned menu to master page, still I can’t “overlay only my pomegranates on menu” because it’s grouped by it description text too & link 2 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/j40smh0cgtnurnn/2017-09-26 12.… ) will happens again.

nevermind bro, I gave up & now removed all responsive checks, it‘s a little weird or maybe I started my first site in a wrong way & need more practice.

For now I want to know what is your suggestion for starting a project with what kind of breakpoints? Me chose these:

Device breakpoints:

Smartphones (iPhones):

Tablets (iPads):

PC:

Do u suggest them too or different ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could stay with 1366 and 768. Maybe you want to add 960 for tablets?

320 shouldn´t be a breakpoint but the minimum width.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines