• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Muse to Dreamweaver?

Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to code a Mailto: form which can't be done in Muse. Is it possible to insert a mail form into a Muse file in Dreamweaver without breaking anything?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

This is, what‘s possible in  Muse „out of the box“:

Select text or another element of your choice, go to the "Hyperlinks" field in the upper command strip and enter

mailto: name@domain.de?subject=Hello again&body=Predefined body text

• ?subject=xxx sets the subject

• &body=xxx predefines an email body text

Clicking this text/button on your homepage will open your mail client and show an email with accordingly prefilled email fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't you use Muse to mailto?

Not quite sure what you are asking because mailto works just fine with Muse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean by Mailto is when a visitor clicks the email link, it launches their email app. When you create a mailto:info@website.com in Muse it allows you to copy that link so you can paste it in your email app but it doesn't launch your default email program.

This is an example of the code for a mailto link:

<address>

<a href="mailto:info@example.com">Jon Doe</a>.<br>

Visit us at:<br>

Example.com<br>

555 South Main Street. Littletown, CO<br>

USA

You can't code this in Muse bit it would be cool if Muse allowed you to insert contact forms that allow a visitor to send an email and other info from the form.

Copying and pasting an email address to a mail program is not a very modern approach. But I understand Muse is more of a web mock up and design tool but not a real authoring program. For this reason, Adobe should provide a round trip to and from Muse and Dreamweaver in order to build more robust website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Muse page most assuredly open an email client when mailto: is clicked and with the Subject preloaded it you wish.

<quote>

it would be cool if Muse allowed you to insert contact forms that allow a visitor to send an email and other info from the form.

<quote>

That is exactly what a Muse Form Widget does.

You couldn't be more wrong when accusing Muse of not being a 'real authoring program'! Millions (some quite robust) of websites belie your opinion.

*EOC*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sure there are many website built with Muse but do they have forms built in that work? Can you send me some examples! And which form widget to you refer to? I tried a few and get an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is, what‘s possible in  Muse „out of the box“:

Select text or another element of your choice, go to the "Hyperlinks" field in the upper command strip and enter

mailto: name@domain.de?subject=Hello again&body=Predefined body text

• ?subject=xxx sets the subject

• &body=xxx predefines an email body text

Clicking this text/button on your homepage will open your mail client and show an email with accordingly prefilled email fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

I did try this coding before. I use it all the time in Dreamweaver. It didn't  work on my end. Muse creates a hyperlink that, when I click on, it gives me the option to copy the email address but doesn't launch my email program. Per my previous post, do I need sign up with a 3rd party email service like mail monkey? Or do I need to set up a subdomain to create a contact form outside of Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, then I think, you have one of your form problems solved

Look here: http://start-mail-client.businesscatalyst.com/index.html​

And where is your .muse file with the misbehaving form field?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gunter,

Here is a pic of the form field below.

Notice the Email the height of the email field. It is impossible to see character entry on a mobile device so anyone typing their email address cannot see what they are entering.  I tried using the Transform tool to resize but that had no effect.

My FTP issue was never completely resolved either. Muse cannot find my addon folder. Instead, it creates a new folder but my domain is not pointed to the new folder so I have to copy from the Muse created folder to the addon folder. It's a bit a pain but it is what it is.

I'm beginning to think that my problems may stem from the template I downloaded from a 3rd party Muse resources site. I'm wondering if these providers actually test their code. That said, I'm going to rebuild my site from scratch and not use pre-built templates anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to agree with the others. mailto: is just a protocol handler and entirely relies on your MIME settings as well as your default file handling options on your computer. If that is misconfigured on your end and you use a wrong code syntax to boot, then Muse can't imbue anything into it that would fix it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium​: This doesn’t seem to be the problem. The initial poster wants a link, which opens his email client, presenting a prefilled email.

Exactly this is possible in Muse (post #5 ion this thread).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit Muse site in Dreamweaver is very difficult and not productive. But you can insert any code into the Muse. What exactly is your problem with this? Develop a ready script in Dreamweaver, and then paste it into the Muse - there is everything for this.

Millions (some quite robust) of websites belie your opinion.

Millions tend to err . Muse is a program for creating UX web design, but not for website development. Using it for website development, I would call a workaround and not too successful (IMO).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pavel,

This is the latest issue in a string of issues I'm having with Muse. The email form: notice the height of field to input your email is too short. I can't see the characters when entering. So it makes it very annoying to a visitor who wishes to contact.

I tried stretching the form field but that did not work. I tried 3rd party forms but that didn't work.

Is there a email form widget that actually works?  If so, can you direct me to one?

Thanks for your help.

The website is bornwithachance.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely can’t understand your ongoing form issues.

I think, this issue here can be resolved. Could you place only this form onto a newly created .muse file and share it with us (Dropbox, CC Files, )

Additionally I would be interested, if your initial issue is solved. If I understood correctly, my post #5 should have solved this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Your form can be fixed with css, but it should work well without interfering with the code.

fe347b0829.png

It is necessary to establish the reasons. Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… and where is the .muse file, I asked for? A screenshot doesn’t help. I see the issue. It is THAT simple to paste the misbehaving form into a newly created .muse file, as I suggested, and share it with us. Why don‘t you do it? Don‘t you want to fix your issue?

And again, concerning you other problem: Did my last post fix your „open the email client“ problem? Would be helpful to tell us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gunter,

Pardon my belated reply. The open for email client didn't work on my end but i suspect it's is because I'm on Windows 10 which won't allow me to set up a default email other than the app that comes with Windows.

As for the form. I was able to fix the issue. I'm using a Musegrid template. For some reason that template didn't like the native Muse email form so I used the Musegrid contact form instead and it worked.

I hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines