• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export problems - blank page

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm recently experiencing problems when I export my website: In the preview everything looks and works perfectly fine. As soon as I export it, the first page is fine, but the news page is all white, no pictures and no text visible! However they are there, since the links in the news section are still working. The whole page is divided into 5 chapters (like seen in the top): News, Projekte, Wettbewerbe, Büro and Impressum. The problem with the seemingly blank page appears for News, Büro and Impressum. The sections Wettbewerbe and Projekte are displaying as they should.

I'm pretty desprate right now, I have been working with muse for two years now and I never had these kind of problems. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be? I already reinstalled muse, but that didn't solve anything ...

TOPICS
Error , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend to publish instead of export as html. Must admit, have no clue so far.

Also preview in browser is better than the build in preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you publish directly to your remote server from Muse?

Previews are not an accurate way to test your site.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help!

I tried those two suggested options (as marked in image 1):

Publishing it directly didn't solve it, still blank pages appearing. However, when I tried to publish it to Business Catalyst, an error message pops up, telling me that there is something wrong with the elements (image 2). However opening the elements toolbox doesn't show any problems, no exclamation mark or any missing links visible (image 3, looks the same scrolling all the way down). I also haven't changed anything to most of the linked images since I published the website the last time successfully.

I don't have any idea now how to solve that non visible problem. Can anybody help me?

Img 1.jpg

Img 2.JPG

Img 3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BC is closed anyway so no need to try that one of course. Could you provide a link to your site, so we can have a closer look as here is at least one of the ACPs, knowing code, might inspect it (what I could do as well but might be like open the engine hood and making some hms, if you know what I mean).

You might as well - depending of your need to urge, reduce your site to just the first - yet - landing page and share that .muse file with us. For this, delete all pages except the landing page, save it as - with a new name, and drop it into your CC, or similar filesharing (dropbox - wetransfer) and share that link to the file with us.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe,

thanks for the help!

For a first step, here's the link to our website:

http://www.studiob-landscape.com/

The orange landing page works: As soon as you click on the office name, the news page should appear as seen in the screenshot added to this post. It does appear, as you will see, but doesn't show anything. However the links to the projects are working, but also without showing pictures in the separate pages. As seen in the screenshot in the top  there are five sections, News, Büro and Impressum are appearing as blank pages, in both Projekte and Wettbewerbe sections, images are displaying correctly, what makes it even stranger.

As a next step, if needed, I can also reduce the website to the landing and news page and provide it somewhere. Sorry, I'm no pro concerning IT stuff, I'm just responsible for our website since somebody taught me how to build it in muse. But elsewise I have absolutely no clue of coding or anything else related to websites 😄

And we're using Win 10 Pro. And currently Firefox 80, but the problem appears in every browser I've tried so far, also on all of our cellphones, so it doesn't seem to relate to the browser.

Best regards,

Caroline

news displayed correctly.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, by the way, we have that problem since last week as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see: Buero - Impressum - News - Projekte (Liste)

I can see: Projekte - Wettbewerb - all of them as "Raster"  but no list appearance, correct?

I recognize you use some 3rd party widgets at least the preloader. Maybe some others as well?

I recommend to not use any 3rd party widgets at all in that state, that Muse is under EOL since 2018 and therefor all 3rd party widgets are not developed any further neither since then and probably had issues before as well. There had been only little ones without any issue.

So "my" first step would be, delete (or hide) all 3rd party widgets - at least the preloader.

Try again.

What happens if you preview the site, the pages in browser? Do the pages appear in "preview in browser"(not preview out of Muse - this was never really helpfull - in my cases at least)?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see:

News, Projekte Liste, Büro and Impressum and the sites for the single projects (text displayed, no image visible)

I can see:

Projekte Raster, Wettbewerbe Raster and Wettbewerbe Liste. The sites for the single competitions work, including the pictures.

So, my problem now is, that a colleague, who is not working for us any longer, set up the website and just showed me how to change and add stuff, that's all I know.

Could you tell me quickly how I can hide the widgets? Deleting them would mean to change the entire website, which would be a bigger problem ...

If I preview the website in the browser via Ctrl-alt-E / Ctrl-Shift-E out of muse, everything works perfectly fine. Was that what you meant?

But, dumb question: How is it possible that these widgets haven't caused any problems within the last two years, but do make troble now?

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Nancy already reminded - browsers change, widgets, which may have worked before, can´t cope with that changes. Before 2018 some vendors kept up with the browsers, since 2018 they don´t.

Most widgets do need some box or element outside of the muse canvas - so do not appear visually in the design area of the page - that might also be on master pages. So keep track of those - locate them in the layers panel and either delete it, what I highly recommend or make them disappear in the layers panel.

To add to Nancy´s post and web apps I can add nicepage and sparkleapp. But neither of them has all possibilities that Muse has/had. Advantage, no subscription necessary.

But as the company uses the full CC anyway, you may also recreate the site in XD from Adobe, export the html and keep on with (for example) Pinegrow or other code editors which can handle code, created by exterior apps.

If you deleted all 3rd party widgets the site might be quite OK btw, and from then you may have time to rebuild it with one of the other web apps.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be related or not.  Both sites are hosted on non-secure (HTTP) servers.  They both need an upgrade to HTTPS servers which requires obtaining and installing SSL/TLS certificates on the server.  Ask your hosting provider for details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping, Nancy and Uwe! It's not really good news, since we'll have to rebuild the whole thing somehow and find a different solution - but at least I know now what to do 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the news is from 2018 actually - like I say, what works pretty well, delete all 3rd party widgets, check if the site looks like you deserve, export it as html, test the site/called project in PG (7 days testtime) and seee if that fits to your needs. Like this you you can check out, if PG shows everything you (or the colleague) did. Most animations are just not needed from userside - my experience. If the site loads to long, make it faster. No preloader necessary.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caroline,

All HTML content is still there.  You just can't see it with CSS enabled.  Disable CSS in your browser and you'll see content, albeit unstyled content.

What's different about your domain name landing page compared with other pages? One word. Widgets.  Remove the widgets and republish your site.  If you can't handle that, hire an experienced developer to take over this project.

Why do widgets fail?  For the same reason all Muse sites will eventually fail.  The code is not being updated.  Meanwhile the web keeps changing.  Browsers keep changing.  Servers keep changing. But sites built with Muse will never change.

================
Important Announcement about Muse
As of July 31, 2020 sites published using Adobe Muse will no longer be editable with Adobe In-Browser editing solution.
================
MODERN SITE BUILDERS:
-- Adobe Behance (free) - https://help.behance.net/hc/en-us/articles/204483894-Guide-Intro-to-Behance
-- Adobe Brackets (open source) - http://brackets.io/
-- Adobe Dreamweaver CC - https://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver.html
-- Adobe Portfolio (free with a paid Creative Cloud Plan) - https://portfolio.adobe.com/
-- Bootstrap Studio - https://bootstrapstudio.io/
-- Pinegrow - https://pinegrow.com/
-- Squarespace - https://www.squarespace.com/
-- Visual Studio Code (open source) - https://code.visualstudio.com/
-- Webflow - https://webflow.com/
-- Wix - https://www.wix.com/
-- WordPress (open source) - https://wordpress.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. The page loads, and I can click on links, but the website is blank, no images or text is shown. It happened last week without making any changes to the website.

This is the website with the issue:

http://choice-metrics.com/

Regards,

Michiel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I ask for exactly the same as I did in my last post here. Just do it.

BTW, links are clickable on your site but at least one of pages one reaches with it it is also blank.

For me all "findable" links lead to blank pages.

May I ask to the OP and you - which OS do you use? Just to see, if browsers kill muse, which I cannot reproduce, as all my sites and even a new one created yesterday (Hi Nancy :-)), don`t have that issue.

May I also recommend to smoothly but fast choose other apps for doing websites?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines