• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Dreamweaver

Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that it isn't currently a feature within Muse or Dreamweaver, but I would like to formally request that it be implemented before the EOL of Muse. PLEASE give us a viable in-house solution to the sudden death of Muse!!! I don't mind learning Dreamweaver, but it would be a lot of work migrating my websites from Muse to it. It would save a ton of time. I'm sure it probably isn't in the Adobe plans, but could you please consider:

1) Create an option to export Muse into Dreamweaver.

2) Give Dreamweaver more features to make easier to use like Muse. I.E. CSS templates (Muse Widgets), etc... To make Dreamweaver easier for a Muse user. Could Dreamweaver be the replacement for Muse users???

3) I don't need breakpoints. I just need a standard desktop model and phone version.

4) Features that I love and use from Muse are:

A) Drag and drop images.

B) Form widget.

C) Paralax.

D) Simple menus.

Is it at all in the plans to do anything to help out the Muse users??? Or are we all cast out to sea, and hopefully we find something else that will import Muse? I work for a small business and maintain our website. I don't have time to type up HTML from scratch. Muse makes it so quick and easy to create a website. That's why I loved it!!!

And one final question... is it in the plans to keep Dreamweaver around??? I'd hate to go through the effort of switching and then find out I am screwed yet again... Make sense??? I've been a Muse customer since the Beta. This has been a huge blow to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse will not be improved.  That ship sailed and is why MU is EOL now.

DW is not a drag & drop app -- never was, never will be.  It's aimed at people who want to work with code.  

File > Export to HTML is your only path to importing Muse projects into DW or any other code editor.  That said, the code is horrible to work with and that's a byproduct of all that ease of use you enjoyed while using MU.    If you need visual design tools, there are several commercial extensions available for DW by the folks at Project Seven, DMX Zone and Web Assist. 

Another option is to rebuild your Muse sites responsively with a genuine code editor.  It's a lot more future proof than what you have currently. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I figured. I'm just being naive and sticking my head in the ground at the moment.

Out of curiosity, what code editors would you recommend considering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have to try a few to see which ones appeal to you.  Tools vary as much as people do.  I like chocolate but you may prefer vanilla. 

Dreamweaver is my main tool of choice but it's not the only tool I use.   Pinegrow is a  serious contender for front-end web design but not so much for back end coding work.

I'm not a fan of any tool that is platform specific (Sparkle & Blocs) or forces you to use their hosting (Webflow).  I look for desktop tools that allow me to work with native HTML, CSS and JavaScript files rather than proprietary file types like MU  did.  I'm not saying they are bad products.   I just prefer not to have to export from one file type to another to work with source code.

Atom

Sublime

Coffee Cup HTML Editor.

Kompozer

BlueGriffon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

File > Export to HTML is your only path to importing Muse projects into DW or any other code editor.

we can also drag down a Muse built site into Dreamweaver... this has a different effect to exporting html

some simple edits (like extra folders | pages) can be made and uploaded back to the host server without busting the option to keep editing in Muse as long as you add the /dw to the account name when you download the file

Connect to your site using Dreamweaver

the key point is that the online templates are not changed by default

I do agree that Muse is not getting any viable in-house solution... it is now end of life and thats the harsh fact we have to come to terms with

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea   wrote

File > Export to HTML is your only path to importing Muse projects into DW or any other code editor.

we can also drag down a Muse built site into Dreamweaver... this has a different effect to exporting html

some simple edits (like extra folders | pages) can be made and uploaded back to the host server without busting the option to keep editing in Muse as long as you add the /dw to the account name when you download the file

Connect to your site using Dreamweaver

the key point is that the online templates are not changed by default

What if your site isn't hosted on Business Catalyst servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes if they ftp dirrect to a 3rd party host then Dreamweaver will still pull it down as long as you have a valid account id | location for the host site... the background code for widgets prob still sits on Adobe BC (the default) even if they host with GoDaddy or who ever

to be clear, this is only useful for small edits that don't change the basic Muse site if you still want to be able to work on your Muse site (in Muse) then care needs to be taken that no Muse controlled files are changed... this advanced option is for people that understand web hosting | code and the simple export html is better safe option for normal Muse users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben-Palmer  wrote

And one final question... is it in the plans to keep Dreamweaver around??? I'd hate to go through the effort of switching and then find out I am screwed yet again... Make sense??? I've been a Muse customer since the Beta. This has been a huge blow to me.

That question has been asked in the Dreamweaver forum, and as far as anyone knows there are currently no plans to discontinue Dreamweaver. The good part about moving to Dw is that it would not matter if Dw was discontinued at some point, because it is nothing more than a code editor with a few extra features added on, (such as site/file managment).

That means that anything created in Dw can easilly be used in any other code editor, without any problems.

As far as moving a Muse created site goes, yes it can be done and all that is required is a process called 'code beautifying', which makes the Muse created files much easier to work with, (in any code editor, not just Dw). Adding 'beautifying' for Muse code has already been suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines