• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported Adobe Muse uploads fine to testing server, breaks on live server

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently built a site using Adobe Muse (my first website built with this software). Yesterday, after much work, I attempted to upload via third-party FTP the exported code files to the domain that it needs to be on. But I was disappointed and somewhat panicked to find the site doesn’t work. Please look at: http://bigen-usa.com/vivid-shades/

As an experiment, I uploaded the same files to another domain and they worked fine. You can see those at: http://em-w.com/vivid-shades/. And they do work.

Just opening the local index file from the imported folder in Firefox of Chrome works fine also.

Does anyone have any idea why this discrepancy is happening? I use Adobe Dreamweaver to FTP. I found this thread on an adobe forum: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/982488, but I can’t find anything wrong with the permission on the files I’m uploading.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Thanks to everyone their advice. You were right; for some reason doing the FTP inside Muse made it work. I have no idea why it would be different, but there it is. Thanks again for everyone's advice

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you hosting the website? I have had issues when uploading to GoDaddy, whereas the business catalyst works perfectly.

Why don't you use Muse to upload the files instead of a third party FTP client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your response.

Both the domains I need to go live on (where the site doesn't work) and the domain I uploaded to for testing purposes (where the site does work) are hosted by small, independent web hosting companies.

I didn't use muse to upload, because I'm already in the habit of using DW to manage ftp. I'll try doing it directly from Muse if there's the possibility that would fix the problem (though I'm not sure what the different would be).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to thunder-cricket​, I also recommend to use ftp upload from muse. Maybe Dreamweaver does something with your files?

This is a weird issue anyway. Is there a difference with the host settings between those two domains?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the code is the same on both sites so the error is at the host server;

you uploaded to the wrong folder; possible but not likely

your host server is set up wrong = ime this is the cause and tends to be that the files are there but browser are not allowed to see them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone their advice. You were right; for some reason doing the FTP inside Muse made it work. I have no idea why it would be different, but there it is. Thanks again for everyone's advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't know what happened in Dreamweaver? You didn't change anything on your ftp-server?

Finally lucky, that you got it to work.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

forgot to put the /dw on the end would be my guess but who knows... great that he got it working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines