• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extent of client editing in browser

Participant ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am considering moving from Dreamweaver to Muse to enable my clients to make their own changes to their site without having to call me.

One thing that's really important is for one of my clients in particular, which is a shopping mall. They have tenants come and go regularly and want to be able to add and remove pages and have these new tenants listed in the site menu. Is this possible for them to do so in the browser editing side of the program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

For one of your clients, if he wants to add pages, delete pages and so on you would need a CMS.

Maybe this:  Startseite - Conmunicator (DE)​ fits your needs, if you want to keep with muse.

Since now I have no experience with it but plan something. But for me personally it seems to be pretty easy and manageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. IBE cannot add or remove pages nor change the page structure itself. It can only edit and replace pre-defined content areas. You will have to set up a dynamic system like Wordpress, Joomla or whatever if this realyl is a requirement.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

If my clients make changes to their images and text, are these automatically downloaded so that I have their changes saved in my local Muse file? I want to avoid overwriting their changes when I next upload via my private FTP host.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open a IBE-modified file, Muse will warn you, show the modifications and ask, if you want to keep or discard them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just to clarify, if the site is hosted on my own server and I'm using the FTP upload technique, do the changes also download to my folder when the client makes changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That´s really a good question – next question, please

I guess, you have to ask communicator.de.

This might be a question that I would ask as well.

Reading this:

"Es war zwar immer noch schneller als händisch zu coden, befriedigte mich aber nicht wirklich. Dies war der ausschlaggebende Grund den Conmunicator zu entwickeln. Mit ihm bleibt das Adobe Muse CC Projekt die Designgrundlage. Mit wenig bis gar keinen Programmierkenntnissen lassen sich Verknüpfungen zu den Inhalten des Contao-CMS herstellen."

I assume one gets warned like with "normal" muse sites, that there are some changes and if we want confirm the changes.

I did ask this evening via email Mr Herzog, I guess we have to wait and will get an answer soon.

Of course I ask you to do the same for your special, related to your clients questions.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one of your clients, if he wants to add pages, delete pages and so on you would need a CMS.

Maybe this:  Startseite - Conmunicator (DE)​ fits your needs, if you want to keep with muse.

Since now I have no experience with it but plan something. But for me personally it seems to be pretty easy and manageable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines