• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook feed in Muse

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add a Facebook feed to my Muse Website? I have a client who wants me to add that to their site that I have developed in Adobe Muse. I sure don't want to say that I can't and I imagine that there is a way. Any help would be appreciated. I did search and can't find anything on this. Thanks in advance. --Donna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Hello!

Many solutions mentioned in this topic don’t work or are really outdated. So I’d like to offer you a more recent solution.

Facebook Feed from Elfsight is a simple and very flexible solution that can be adapted for any website. You can try to configure your own unique widget at the widget’s free online demo version: https://elfsight.com/facebook-feed-widget/.

• Fully adaptive design;
  • Flexible layout;
  • Works with all types of sources (post, images, videos, events, etc.)
  • Help with installation and c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna,

You can add a Facebook feed to your website by Object->Insert HTML and getting this HTML from the facebook developer's page. This page has directions to get code for the activity feed, and it has links to other Facebook plugins you may want to add to your Muse site.

Thanks,

Dana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will see if I can figure this out. I was hoping for a bit more

direction, but I will see it I can maneuver this.

Donna Camacho

Irmographics, LLC

Find us on Facebook!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem isn't finding this page you linked to.

The problem is the message, "A valid url is required when using the iframe implementation."

I have entered a valid url and it still will not give me the iframe code. Do you have any knowledge about this issue?

-Tommy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution to this? I am having a similar problem as well. I tried inserting html with the iframe html and nothing shows up when i publish it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like a little more direction - thanks a ton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google has a lot of information on how to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code comes in two parts, and, not being a coder (why I use Muse), I don't know which part to include. I've tried using both parts, and each part separtely, and the best result I get is using both parts, but that still just gives me the same sample entries in the FB feed as is shown in the example, not my own FB info. Also, even though it says the FB box dims are 300 x 300 px, it creates a huge rectangle in Muse (v 7.2) that cannot be shrunk and is way too big to be useful on any website (1000 x 1000 px)

Here is the code derived from following your link, in the two parts I mentioned in the paragraph above. Nowhere is there specific information within the code that identifies a specific FB page or account, how is this supposed to supply a feed from a specific FB page?

<div id="fb-root"></div>

<script>(function(d, s, id) {

var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];

if (d.getElementById(id)) return;

js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;

js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<div class="fb-activity" data-site="developers.facebook.com" data-action="likes, recommends" data-colorscheme="light" data-header="true"></div>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I googled it and found a good walk through here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2P0a1PLLf8

you can download the code from text below the video. pasted from the rtf download.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fthelordbinning&widt..." scrolling="yes" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:490px; height:300px; background: white; float:left; " allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

All I had to do was replace the facebook page name. thelordbinning is the page in the demo. you'll need to replace that with whatever that portion of your clients facebook web address is.

Though the video isn't Must specific, the code was all I needed. It worked perfectly for me and I'm very new to all of this. Object > Insert html was all I needed Muse to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an excellent post, Thank you.  If you have challenges (like I did) there seems to be a lot of useful feedback in the comments section.  I actually had to edit  my insert to include the numbers from my fb business page. Take your time and it works just fine.  www.affordablewells.com shows my website example of how it looks.

MY code, that I copied into Muse was this:

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Well-Water-Systems-LLC/141987762518458&width=490&colorscheme=light&show_faces=true&border_color&stream=true&header=true&height=435" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:490px; height:300px; background: white; float:left; " allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

The bolded parts are what you would need to replace with your own fb page name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried using the origina code supplied from video, as well as code you modified to include the numbers from your fb page, and neither worked.

Get an error message in Muse v 7.2 saying "unable to generate thumbnail"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now tried everything mentioned on this page, plus following two YouTube videos (showing both iFrame and HTML/javascript methods, plus I've messed within the code myself. Nothing works. All attempts generate an "unable to generate thumbnail" message. Could someone at Muse please step in and try this process for yourself, so we can know how to proceed?

Thank you,

Joan Kristensen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that even when I get that "unable to generate Thumbnail" in Muse, when I publish the site or upload to my host, it will display just fine. Did you go that far? You might want to try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have to actually publish? I have tried Preview in Browser and don't see it there. Does it have to sit on a web host in order to show up? I just pinged Chat Support, BTW, to ask them to respond to our posts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need to publish it to see the FB feed. Preview in browser doesn't show you. Good luck on getting help. I have many issues right now that I have posted to the community boards about my Business Catalyst site. I created it in Muse, and then host in BC and added the modules for Blogs, Calendar, News, etc. I like it, but being a designer and not a programmer (why I use Muse!), I do find some things difficult at times. As you can see, I was the one who first posted this question about Facebook in 2012! I got mine to work finally and next time I'm where I can get to the Muse file (probably Monday), I will be glad to send you what I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

irmograpics99, thanks for the tips. Unfortunately, nothing is working for me, even when I Publish. I hope we all get a response from Adobe this week. I will ping Chat Support again on Monday or Tuesday if no response by then. If you'd be willing to post/send your Muse file, that'd be great - I'd love to see how you got this to work for you.

-Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan,

What is the FacebookURL you are trying to get the Facebook feed for? I'll take a look to see if I can reproduce your problem. Feel free to send me an email if you don't want to publicly post the URL at muse-support@adobe.com with the subject attn:Dana.

Dana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dana,

Thank you. This is the URL: Chuck Burgi | Facebook

I've tried adding it to a Facebook "Like" box (from the Facebook dev pages) and a couple of others - tried using the iFrame code and also followed along with instructions for using the HTML 5 code (paste the first part above the whole site and the second part into the box where it should display). Nothing has worked, even when the site is Published. My goal is to get a result like what you see at the left of this URL: // A Q U I L E S P R I E S T E R // official website

Thanks,

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joan, here is the information I promised. The site is www.farmcreditknowledgecenter.com. You'll see on the bottom half of the home page, the FB area. Here is a screenshot what it looks like in Muse.

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 11.50.46 AM.png

You'll see that there are two areas that are not showing the thumbnail. The top, small area has this code:

<div id="fb-root"></div>

<script>(function(d, s, id) {

var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];

if (d.getElementById(id)) return;

js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;

js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

The larger area has this code:

<div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-Credit-of-the-Virginias/339250696725" data-width="290" data-height="410" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="false" data-header="true" data-stream="true" data-show-border="true"></div>

This has worked for me just fine. I don't know that you have to have those two HTML boxes right next to each other, but I did. Also, I had trouble when I had the 'testimonials' show to the right in a layer above that FB html boxes, so I moved to a layer beneath and it works okay now. Nobody said to do that, it just seemed to work. Could be a coincidence, or not. Hope this helps some.

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donna,

Thank you SO MUCH for all of that. It's the best info I've gotten so far. You are correct, too. That code does work and I was able to see your FB Page's feed on my test site after I published it. But when I added the info for the page I'm trying to show, it didn't work. I am beginning to believe that the problem is the distinction between a personal FB profile and a FB Page (which shows all content publicly by default). I think FB just doesn't want you to be able to stream a personal page to a feed on another site. Not that they make this easy to understand on their dev pages. I will have to have my friend's profile converted to a Page in order to stream it to his personal site. Unfortunately, in doing so, you lose all the posts that have been put up to a personal page until that point (this is where all the value lies in my friend's page - which has functioned more like a business from day one). Bottom line: I think it's a FB thing. And as we all know, while support here is scant, theirs is non-existent.

Again, what you did is so greatly appreciated!!!!!! I will try to pay it forward on these boards at some point.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can back date facebook posts on a new page. last year, my wife made a facebook page for a childrens book she wrote, decided to unpublish/cancel/get rid of/whatever the FB "page" and  start a new one with a better name. she was able take all the posts and pics and put them on the new page. She did this about a week ago, but if you go to The Grove Squirrels at Ole Miss | Facebook, you'll see posts from many months back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

Thanks for that tidbit. I am about to try and do exactly this for my client. Good info.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

Many solutions mentioned in this topic don’t work or are really outdated. So I’d like to offer you a more recent solution.

Facebook Feed from Elfsight is a simple and very flexible solution that can be adapted for any website. You can try to configure your own unique widget at the widget’s free online demo version: https://elfsight.com/facebook-feed-widget/.

• Fully adaptive design;
  • Flexible layout;
  • Works with all types of sources (post, images, videos, events, etc.)
  • Help with installation and configuration
  • And many other great advantages

You can read the detailed installation guide for this widget developed specifically for Adobe Muse websites at https://elfsight.com/help/how-to-add-facebook-feed-widget-to-adobe-muse/ .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines