Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook image with link

Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a weird facebook image generated (see screen shot) and followed some directions to change it. I added code into MU Page Properties MetaData -- but it doesn't work: <meta property="og:description" content="Sometimes you need another brain, set of eyes, and pair of hands to complete projects on time with the high quality you expect. " />

Has anyone solved this problem? I would even settle for just adding the word "Sometimes" at the beginning so it makes sense (Sometimes you need another...). I can't understand why the default picked up the other words but deleted "Sometimes".

What my sign off looks like, it is also missing an image to the left
but I'm concentrating on the weird text for now:

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 4.52.49 PM.png

My Muse MetaData section with code added does not work:

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 5.00.40 PM.png_______________________________________________________________________

Thanks,

Anita

Anita Adamski Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

The missing word is a little strange, have you also added a description using the page properties in Muse? It might be that Facebook isn't reading the data correctly, as you also need to include the required og metatags 'url', 'type', 'title' and 'image'. The latter being why you have an odd thumbnail - I assume it's a graphic from the site 'Visual Communication'?

Refer to the official og documentation below.

The Open Graph protocol

If you're not already using it, check the site using the Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

link the instructions you followed please.

if you remove the other words and just have "sometimes" does it show nothing at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway, This is the code I used in the metadata, which does not work, <meta property="og:description" content="Sometimes you need another brain, set of eyes, and pair of hands to complete projects on time with the high quality you expect." />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The missing word is a little strange, have you also added a description using the page properties in Muse? It might be that Facebook isn't reading the data correctly, as you also need to include the required og metatags 'url', 'type', 'title' and 'image'. The latter being why you have an odd thumbnail - I assume it's a graphic from the site 'Visual Communication'?

Refer to the official og documentation below.

The Open Graph protocol

If you're not already using it, check the site using the Facebook object debugger:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/#_=_

I hope this helps.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

David,

Thank you, I didn't realize I should have all categories in the metadata. This is beyond my skill set and I may be reaching out again. Thanks for the debugger as I have not tried it, I will start there. The missing image is curious too and is something else to work on.

Have promised a photographer friend I would help him hang a show at a regional library today, and so a delay, after that I will get back into this.

Anita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines