Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Floating/Hanging Button

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a way to create a button that "floats" or "hangs" in place as someone scrolls down the page, so no matter where you are on the page, it remains the same location. I don't want it on the top bar with all the other links (it will get lost) or on the bottom (because it will interfere with what is going on in the middle of the page).

Any tips? The last thing I saw was from almost 3 years ago, and things have changed so much that I'm not quite sure that the way they suggest is even the same anymore!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Place you button where you want and then pin the button according to the position using pinning option.

Toufic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Which version of muse?

it would be great if you can share the muse file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose,

I'm doing the latest update as we speak.

What I essentially want is something like with Facebook (but totally not) where they have the chat function, and you click the box with the person's name to select who you are going to talk to. Mine will link to something else.

That box doesn't interfere with anything else on the page. It's just there, independent of anything else going on. I guess having it at the footer is an option, but I'd prefer it on the side, if at all possible.

Does this make sense? I can show it on my own site, but this actually does a better job of showing what I'm trying to visualize than what I'm trying to put together at the moment.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

This can be achieved by a good third-party widget.

You may have look at it here -

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Place you button where you want and then pin the button according to the position using pinning option.

Toufic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines