• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font in image file displaying incorrectly (help!)

Explorer ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the site I have designed has a logo with a unique font. Knowing this, I made sure that the logo is on the site as an image as opposed to text so there wouldn't be compatibility issues. The site looks great online on my Mac, but I just viewed the site on a PC platform and the font in the logo is different. Below is the logo as it should look:

MartellyBD_ISO.png

And this is how it looks on a PC:

IMG_4125.JPG

Can anyone explain why this is happening and how I can fix this? This has to be a Muse issue because working with Website Builder this didn't happen. Please help! I need to fix this problem ASAP! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

No, don’t trace your logo!

Build it in Illustrator, and when you are ready,

• select all elements, go to menu „Type/Convert to paths“ (or something similar; I am using the german version of Illustrator) and save the result as „SVG“. Or:
  • don’t convert the text into paths, go to menu „File/Save As …“ choose file format „SVG“ and configure in the next screen „Text: Convert to paths“. Or:
  • You may even save your logo in Illlustrator’s own format (.ai). Muse is able to read and use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format is your image file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.png  -- I had tried .svg and it gave me an error saying it wouldn't be compatible. I did not get that error with the .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd, did you convert the font to outlines first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm unfamiliar with that- would you please explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am assuming you have the logo in its native font format as you said you made sure it was an image. So try opening it in InDesign, selecting it, go to the text dropbown and select convert to outlines, then select all, copy and paste in Photoshop as a new layer, switch off the background default white layer and then save as PNG. It will flag up a layers message and ask you to rasterize it, but just ignore that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open any of the logo files in In Design. I'm not familiar with In Design, is there a way I can do what you said in another program like Illustrator? (I designed the logo in AI)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Illustrator should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, not really sure how to go about what you said in Illustrator... couldn't find a "convert to outline" option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, don’t trace your logo!

Build it in Illustrator, and when you are ready,

• select all elements, go to menu „Type/Convert to paths“ (or something similar; I am using the german version of Illustrator) and save the result as „SVG“. Or:
  • don’t convert the text into paths, go to menu „File/Save As …“ choose file format „SVG“ and configure in the next screen „Text: Convert to paths“. Or:
  • You may even save your logo in Illlustrator’s own format (.ai). Muse is able to read and use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding the AI file to Muse didn't work properly because it added all my art boards associated with the logo. SVG files look the best, would prefer to use that file type, just still need to troubleshoot the PC problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.13.57 AM.png

Are any of the options shown correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert to outlines is part of the text menu - go to type/create outlines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please copy the "logo image" (only the logo)  into a new .muse document, upload the .muse file to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. Then we can have a look.

What you intend to do, should work without any hassles, no matter, if PNG or SVG. As a vector format, SVG definitely is the better choice.

If you use an SVG graphic, make sure, that the typo is converted to paths during output (if you haven’t already converted it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I exported the file again as an .svg and selected "convert to outlines" in the options. I replaced it on the site, checked the PC but still the logo's font is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy your logo in Illustrator, place it into a new Illustrator file with the same dimensions and save it as described above.

Or simply select your logo, copy it and paste it into Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!!!!! Thank you Gunter and Dandybox for your patience and help! Gunter, copying and pasting and saving as .svg with the type option 'convert to outline' seems to have done the trick!! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well done, glad its sorted 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines