Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footer Bug

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I made a post earlier about my footer bugging out but deleted because I thought I fixed it, unfortunately not. While previewing my page, my footer would initially not be within the page frame + I'm unable to scroll down to view it(img 1) OR there will be a huge gap under the footer(img 2). That is UNTIL I minimize the web browser and maximize it again that it's fixed (img 3). Why is it doing this? Please help!

Lowered footer with no browser scroll:

Capture.PNG

Exposed footer but huge gap:

Capture 2.PNG

Fixed footer after minimizing/maximizing:

Capture 43.PNG

By the way, the results seem to change with the picture I use, why would that matter? Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

I think, there is no real bug. Did you ever test your site on „real devices“ with „real" browsers, or do you only use the simulation modes of your standard browser?

On real devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac with Safari/Chrome) all works fine. The footer stays in place. Only in simulation mode you encouter these issues.

But anyway: What confuses is, that you have a responsive desktop layout layout and a responsive phone layout. You don’t need the phone layout at all. But when you are previewing in browser

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the URL to your site?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  I mean a URL to your publicly accessible online website -- not a preview which only you can see.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.Merchandise.studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your issue. Could you please give us the .muse file (via Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service.

Then we can have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a CC Link to the .muse file:

https://adobe.ly/2Pq80IY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, there is no real bug. Did you ever test your site on „real devices“ with „real" browsers, or do you only use the simulation modes of your standard browser?

On real devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac with Safari/Chrome) all works fine. The footer stays in place. Only in simulation mode you encouter these issues.

But anyway: What confuses is, that you have a responsive desktop layout layout and a responsive phone layout. You don’t need the phone layout at all. But when you are previewing in browser, there is an alert, which tells you exact this:

Screen_01.jpg

Besides that, you have a responsive breakpoint at 320 px. Why that? do you know a device, which is small than that? And if: The minimal width of this breakpoint is 320 px too. In other words: You tell your layout to react responsively, when smaller than 320 px and you forbid it at the same time by telling the browser to not allow smaller widths than 320 px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have tried on a real browser. If you enter 'Merchandise.Studio' in your URL, you will see the problem is still there(I'm using Chrome). The page is officially online and I'm still getting the error. It only occurs when I initially visit the site, then once I minimize the page the footer is fixed.

As far as the other problem, I'm still learning Muse. Thank you for your recommendation, I will implement it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines