Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footer items appear like magic

Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At random an object on a page magically becomes a footer item and suddenly dances around all over the place. You gotta check when you publish!!! The workaround is to untick the footer item in the object menu and put the object back in its place and publish again. But you gotta check each time!!!

ps I'm using the retro version before that disastrous one in which the objects danced around all over the place!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Aaarrrghhh!! My bad, sorry!! Just worked it out. The images were grouped including objects from my CC Library that were marked footer item.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Martin,

A quite strange and unknown issue, is it possible for you to display the issue visually?

Plus you have mentioned that it's a retro version so exactly what the version of Muse you are using?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ankush

wow!!! strange and unknown!!!

first let me say i absolutely love working with muse, it makes me think of olden days working with Aldus PageMaker, i mean that as a tribute

and also i imagine making muse must be monumentally complex and difficult and i am amazed and well thankful for the work you do

so i reported the footer items thing kind of like a notice, not really wanting a fix (muse has quite a few other bugs as well)

i can work around it, it's kinda cute really

i went back to the 0.4.8 version of muse (i think that's it, lots of other numbers) when the latest update was such a disaster for me, objects and images all over the place

the best clue about this particular issue that i can offer is that an object (image) in a page is randomly (and magically) ticked in the menu as a footer item after i have been working on some random thing in the master, this has happened half a dozen times recently

ticked as a footer item, the object or image shows up in the page at a kinda random placing, totally random covering other objects or images and leaving its correct placing blank

when i notice it after publishing i just click on it in muse and untick the footer item thing, move the object or image to its correct place, and publish it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this.

Accepting that indeed it was a buggy release for which we can only apologize for now.

However our dev team took this as a challange and worked very hard in fixing all those bugs intenally.

These fixes are available in pre-release program - https://www.adobeprerelease.com

I request you to join muse pre-release and help us by providing your feedback to release a bug free update.

Precautions:

Since this is a preview of Adobe Muse CC, do not deploy this build in the production environment.

Back up your site before working with this build.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an example of what happens----an image skips down the page over other items and leaves a blank space

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 20.16.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, if this is a Muse bug or a layout issue.

Could you reduce your site to only the above page and only the above elements and give us this .muse file to have a look at? You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaarrrghhh!! My bad, sorry!! Just worked it out. The images were grouped including objects from my CC Library that were marked footer item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines