• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forcing page to top of composition?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another version of this page, the navigation on the left is made of buttons linking to different pages. Some of these sub-topics are a short page, and having it just appear or slide in rather than loading another page seems like a good way to do that to me.  So I am experimenting with using a composition instead. I have pinned the triggers so that they are always visible on the left. But the problem is, if I have just read the bottom of a longer page, and so I am scrolled way down the page, and I click a trigger to load another, the new target comes in and I am still at the bottom--where I was previously reading--rather than at the top as a new page would load.

So, is there a way to force a window to move back to the top when the new target loads? I'm guessing not, but worth a shot.

navigation.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Link the trigger, which activates the respective target to an anchor, which is placed at the top of your page.

Clicking this trigger now does both: Opening the correct target and jumping to top of page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link the trigger, which activates the respective target to an anchor, which is placed at the top of your page.

Clicking this trigger now does both: Opening the correct target and jumping to top of page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Gunter. I tried using an anchor, but didn't make the obvious leap that you can link triggers via hyperlinks. Duh. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines