• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forms not working with InMotion

Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created my client site in Muse and uploaded it to InMotion. The contact form does not work. I'm told from InMotion that the Muse form is not coded for CMS or WordPress so it won't work on their server. Can someone help me with a work around? I'm not a developer. I chose Adobe Muse because I heart and have used Adobe products for a gazillion years. I want to be able to continue using Muse and InMotion together. Forever. Help?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

try the tutorial first

202: Adding Contact Forms | InMotion Hosting

then contact InMotion customer service if you still need help would be my best advice because they can see the backend of your database | domain setup which we can't

p.s, Cpanel is what windows users call control panel... a form in a VPN is advanced but outside a VPN is pretty easy to set up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway You are well versed in this topic, can you please shed some light here.

Any help will be appreciable.

Best Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InMotion is a wordpress only host run in the US for people that want a VPN to hide behind... they don't offer any Windows system options that I'm aware of so you have;

• host with a another server that does offer standard Windows systems;
  • ask a Dreamweaver (brackets | whatever) coder to make you a custom wordpress form
  • use the Cpanel to make your database form linked to whatever the client needs... InMotion is known for good customer service so I assume OP has not asked them to help you set this up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for this information! I greatly appreciate it. I was not aware of using Cpanel to make my (database) form. Is that something advanced that I will need InMotion customer service to help me with or is it something I can read about and perhaps figure out? Again, thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the tutorial first

202: Adding Contact Forms | InMotion Hosting

then contact InMotion customer service if you still need help would be my best advice because they can see the backend of your database | domain setup which we can't

p.s, Cpanel is what windows users call control panel... a form in a VPN is advanced but outside a VPN is pretty easy to set up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines