• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

French version of ™... how to get this to work in Muse ?

Participant ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I need to make the french version of ™ work in Muse.  Superscript doesnt work. For some reason when you superscript in the text panel it doesnt let you reduce the font size.

Is there any way to do this ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

May be I don’t understand correctly, but I have no problems to change the font size of superscripted characters.

If you want, you can even copy another, small text frame just like a character into your text frame. In this case you may even choose the superscript position completely according your wishes:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those special characters would normally be encoded using HTML entities, Unicode or hexadecimal codes. Since the french "MC" is not standardized in the spec, you have to create it as a custom separate text element or graphic. Setting the text style to superscript really only does that - it looks for a matching character in the font or applies some predefined rules to standard text. there's no additional control over that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the "MC" is in the middle of a sentence. So how will a separate text element flow in the responsive layout with the word ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't, but an image might. That's the caveat, though arguably you could simply use the generic TM just as well. As far as I'm aware, MC/ MD aren't even official legal terms in France. It's just that everyone keeps using them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be I don’t understand correctly, but I have no problems to change the font size of superscripted characters.

If you want, you can even copy another, small text frame just like a character into your text frame. In this case you may even choose the superscript position completely according your wishes:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to go from a 44 size font for the copy to use a superscript that needs to be much smaller. When I make the superscript part say 30... it is no longer sitting at the top of the other characters. Its now sitting almost vertically centered against the other characters where it should be pinned to the top. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then use the second option, which I described in the screencast:

Write the „MC“ into an extra small text frame, copy it, and paste it into the original text frame – just like a character. There you can reposition it using the mouse, modify the font size, and, and, and.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines