• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP connectivity, password, upload ratios

Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FTP upload function embedded in Muse is very slow compared to upload ratios and time

by using an FTP client.

I have also noticed, if I change the FTP settings at my web hosting company, it takes several minutes for Muse

to recognise the new password. I have checked it with an FTP client. The FTP client accepts the new

password instantly (=good), Muse however indicates could not login.

I need to quit and restart Muse for the new password to take effect.

Why is this so?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's true uploading takes a bit longer in Muse than in dedicated FTP client, please bare in mind that Muse has to check versioning of the file and compare it's metadata to the one on the server to determine if it needs to replace it. It does not happen in FTP clients though you have to overwrite all of the files - In most cases it actually takes longer that Muse checking the files and sending only the one that changed.

As far as password issues are concerned, I've never experienced that but also this is not a popular use case to change the FTP password for me.

All the best,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines