• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP software

Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone recommend a good FTP software to upload a Muse website to my server?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Hello Pavel,

I think I just found the issue. I'm trying to upload to an addon domain. Muse FTP only maps to the top level of Public _HTML folder

I'll try filezilla or a more robust FTP program.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do not you want to use Muse itself by using the built-in ftp function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never been able to get the Muse FTP to work.  It's probably because I'm uploading to a shared server with an add-on domain. I think MUSE FTP only works with dedicated servers. Muse FTP is locked into one port # so it is limited to how many host servers it can connect to.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pavel,

I don't think my host server is compatible with the Muse FTP. Can you or anyone recommend a hosting company that works with Muse's FTP?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know webhosts that do not work with FTP Muse, if it's a normal hosting, and not a dedicated folder on someone's server. That is, practically any hosting is suitable for Muse. I can not recommend a specific hosting, as I do not think hosting in Russia will suit you... Maybe Godaddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pavel,

I think I just found the issue. I'm trying to upload to an addon domain. Muse FTP only maps to the top level of Public _HTML folder

I'll try filezilla or a more robust FTP program.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoDaddy. I have an account there for Hosting + Hosted Wordpress site.

I know their CP (Control Panel) fairly well.

1234567.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 10.01.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks but I already paid for my hosting site for the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get your own host, a couple of tips. Don't get a domain ending in .us. It's the only extension that can't have the WhoIs information hidden. Also, your host may try to talk you into purchasing SSL for your site. Unless you have private information or are a commercial site dealing in $$$$, there is really no need for SSL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines