• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FTP upload Missing index page or access denied!

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello People!

My website won't upload.

I have used Muse a few times and uploaded via FTP (only used godaddy as host before tho) this website i'm working on right now is not hosted by godaddy.

I clicked upload to FTP, filled in the usual information (left the folder on server, maybe that's the problem) if so this is how the FTP site look like.

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 13.14.54.png

This is the error message i get in muse, when searching for the url in a browser I get this message Missing index page or access denied!

I would really appreciate if any of you guys could help me out with this problem.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 09.26.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

I see the Folder on Server field is blank.  This is typically the server's root folder to which all public facing web pages and assets are sent.  Root folder varies by hosting plan.  Sometimes it's public_html or www or htdocs....  If you're not sure, ask your hosting provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the Folder on Server field is blank.  This is typically the server's root folder to which all public facing web pages and assets are sent.  Root folder varies by hosting plan.  Sometimes it's public_html or www or htdocs....  If you're not sure, ask your hosting provider.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines