Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Galleries shifts after update to 2018

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have many galleries on my site (unpublished), and to my horror all of the galleries are shifted/moved to the right side when I preview the site in browser.

This happened after updating to the latest version of Muse.

Pinning is set to center and has not been touched since the older version of Muse.

Think I have read something about this problem before but are unable to find it again.

Hope someone know a easy fix for this issue.

On a second note:

I used a system font (for previous/next/caption) at the first gallery, and when I realized that it would be better to use a web font, I changed it to a web font.

The edit together is checked, but it does not change the previous button. I have tried to change it with and without the edit together checked, but I get the same result over and over again and following warning when I try to preview the page in browser.

When Previous is checked it states the correct web font and looks identical to Next.

Any ideas what is going on here?

I got more than 30 galleries (spread out for many pages) and to start over would be........not pleasant.

This is also something that happened after updating to the latest version.

All help will be appreciated.

Frustration level is high.

Andreas Berntsen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Hello Andreas!

I can easily reproduce the shifting of you slideshow thumbnail.

This seems to be one more bug, and I’ll report it in the prerelease forum and invit – once again – ankushr40215001​ to have a look!

Fortunately, this bug can be easily bypassed in two ways:

• by deselecting the the text elements (caption, Prev, Next, Close, …) in you slideshow’s configuration (not viable in many cases), or
  • by placing the lightbox and all its parts, from the right side to the left side of your canvas.

Here a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the current version of muse you could try to unpin your elements. As we don`t have a chance so far to watch a website, I just guess what might have happened. Pinning is used slightly different in the muse 2018.

For your next and prev: check in all states, if you have changed to webfont in all states (normal-rollover-visited-active).

BTW, you could easily publish to BC as a provisional website, this will not be seen by anyone nor google webcrawlers but those who know the address: yourname.businesscatalyst.com

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fotoroeder.

Thanks for the fast reply.

I have looked through the states but can not find anything wrong, all the states are the same except the size of the letters and that should not really be an issue, however for some reason the warning did not show when I exported the `site`..... Exact same gallery, so it feels a bit strange.

I copied one gallery to bc here: Home

Not pinned the gallery this time and the problem still exists.

Also tried to pin it but it doesn`t seem to make any difference whatsoever.

Thanks for helping me out here.

Best regards,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the .muse file of your last example, following these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652​

Then we’ll have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunther.

I have sent you the Muse file now.

Thanks for all the help.

Best regards, Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Andreas!

I can easily reproduce the shifting of you slideshow thumbnail.

This seems to be one more bug, and I’ll report it in the prerelease forum and invit – once again – ankushr40215001​ to have a look!

Fortunately, this bug can be easily bypassed in two ways:

• by deselecting the the text elements (caption, Prev, Next, Close, …) in you slideshow’s configuration (not viable in many cases), or
  • by placing the lightbox and all its parts, from the right side to the left side of your canvas.

Here a sample .muse file, in which I reduced your file significantly, and you can test the behaviour:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ti8ulaq218tw8b/slideshow-shifting%20bug.zip?dl=0

• Open the file, and
  • preview in browser –> you can shift the complete page horizontally.
  • Check off the slideshow’s „caption" and  preview again –> all will be working correctly now
  • Make the caption visible again and drag caption and lighbox to the left side of your canvas –> All is working too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter Heißenbüttel,

At my end unfortunately it still slides even after disabling the caption and  placing the Lightbox on left.

Am i missing something. Obviously the bug is clearly visible, But I am just curious about the workaround.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​: You are right, Ankush! Although I tested many, many times, I now can’t reproduce my workarounds doubtlessly. It works sometimes, but sometimes not.

So unfortunately from my side no reliable  help in tracking down the issue – except the fact, that the issue exists!

So it needs further investigation efforts by the Muse engineers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunther and ankushr.

Appreciate the help.

I have tried to do as you described Gunther, but the problem still consists unfortunately.

Should I just bite the dust and start over with a totally new gallery set up in your opinion, or wait for some kind of fix?

Again, thanks for looking into this.

Best regards, Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issues with one of my galleries. Pinning to the left- no way to undo the pin.Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 7.56.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What „exact same issue“ do you have? Your screenshot shows some images. What do you want to say us with these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- I have the same issue happening as the original poster. I have a slideshow where the thumbnails are mysteriously pinned to the left. You can see that in the giraffe which has been selected. You can also see that in the toolbar there isn't an option to unpin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just try to replace you slide show, with a newly one, created in the actual version of Muse.

I tried it, and the issue seems to be gone.

If you get the same result, could you please report back here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, I see this happening only in the slideshow which you have sent, maybe its from a previous version!

However if I create a brand new slideshow, all works fine.

Also I have noticed that the scroll bar comes only at the largest breakpoint while testing on prerelease build.

@andreasb I have logged a bug though, for now recreating the slideshow shall fix your issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ankushr.

Good that its reported as a bug.

I have more than 30 galleries and to recreate all of them is...... a really big job and will take days.

Hope that the bug can be fixed in some other way.

Regards, Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand. Do you mean the cropped head of the giraffe, for example? That is an absolutely different issue and has nothing to do with the other issues in this thread. Additionally, I think, you are talking about the thumbnails and not about the hero images of this slide show.

So please do, what I suggested in my answer to your post in the other thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2282678​ (You see, which confusion may arise if posting in different threads )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I see, what you mean!

I am not sure, if it is a bug, or only reflects the complexity of pinning in fixed/fluid breakpoints, if the elements have multiple parts.

If you post a download link as suggested, and tell us, what you want to achieve, I can have a closer look at it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines