• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gallery not displaying correctly in fluid breakpoint

Engaged ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desperately need some help, my Gallery isn't displaying correctly in one of my breakpoints, mainly in landscape on mobile phones and portrait on my iPad 5th gen.

I have 4 breakpoints. 1200px breakpoint is not fluid, 960px is not fluid, 768px is fluid, 550px breakpoint is fluid.

For some reason I am not able to set the pinning functionality and it keeps reverting back to default in the 768 breakpoint.

It's as if there are elements on the page to the right but there isn't anything there.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ipad View-02.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Zav  wrote

I would struggle to drop the MuseThemes sidebar widget as this controls my navigation.

just to be clear, I suggested making another page without any 3rd party widgets as a test... if that page uploads and works without the issue then we have the answer and if it doesn't make any difference then you know that widget is no part of the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add the 960 brekapoint is not fluid but the 768 breakpoint is fluid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the image you posted shows pin [to left browser]

can we have a url please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway, thank you for replying. I have exported the problem page here http://czav.co.uk/FITT_SIGNS_A/design.html - you won't be able to use the Nav but this link takes you to the page I'm struggling with.

If you view the site in landscape on a mobile device you will see what i'm struggling with. The Gallery sits on 3 breakpoints 768px 960px 1200px, the 768px breakpoint is the only breakpoint which is 'fluid'.

The strange thing is that the gallery keeps reverting to pin left justified, I'm wondering if this is because the gallery sits on 'non-fluid' pages as well as a fluid page? I want it to stay central but it won't stay.

I can send the .muse file.

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.11.28.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-14 at 10.11.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to ask about the strange style codes but now it looks like you have a 3rd party gallery widget so that explains the code

some things to try;

drop the svg files,

rename the images to get rid of the [space] in their names i.e, design1.jpg instead of design 1.jpg

then remove the 3rd party widget and test your design again

p.s, yes the muse file (just a single page with enough to show the issue) will allow people to test more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Here is the wetransfer link to a stripped down version of the .muse site, it's the 'Design' page that's at issue in breakpoint 768px.

https://we.tl/S4obkEe7xN

I would struggle to drop the MuseThemes sidebar widget as this controls my navigation.

I will rename the images for sure now.

Thank you again, and again in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zav  wrote

just to be clear, I suggested making another page without any 3rd party widgets as a test... if that page uploads and works without the issue then we have the answer and if it doesn't make any difference then you know that widget is no part of the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, thank you for clarifying this, I will try this today and let you know if it changes anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look at your code and uploaded it to Adobe BC for testing... this is the (untouched) site you gave me

Design

please test it at your end and see if the same errors happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again, thank you so much for taking the time to look at my site.. I've changed the way the gallery now works on the breakpoint as everything I was trying simply wasn't working, and I can usually problem solve.

Kindest of kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines