• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gallery with categories - recommendations?

Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm building a site showcasing a large portfolio of work. I know there's lot of gallery widgets and options out there but I have a few specific requirements in this case:

1) Gallery thumbnail to link to a seperate page rather than a lightbox

2) Ability to assign multiple categories per gallery item (ie: All, Commercial, Aerials)

3) Easy sorting of gallery order (ie: bump a new item straight to the top of the gallery without shuffling everything down one place)

We have been using a third party widget to achieve most of these aims but of late the widget crashes the project on open. Out of respect for the developer I'll keep their name out of it and give them a few more days to look into it - their widgets have otherwise been great.

Any options come to mind? Anyone using anything that achieve all or some of these aims? And more importantly on the most recent version of Muse without crashing the project? Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

dsfsdsdfsdffdsf

This is quite easy, Its just buttons, linking to certain pages.

dsfsdsdfsdffdsf

2) Ability to assign multiple categories per gallery item (ie: All, Commercial, Aerials)

This is not possible out of the box with muse. You will have to use a 3rd party widget form musewidgets.com.

dsfsdsdfsdffdsf

3) Easy sorting of gallery order (ie: bump a new item straight to the top of the gallery without shuffling everything down one

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dsfsdsdfsdffdsf

This is quite easy, Its just buttons, linking to certain pages.

dsfsdsdfsdffdsf

This is not possible out of the box with muse. You will have to use a 3rd party widget form musewidgets.com.

dsfsdsdfsdffdsf

3) Easy sorting of gallery order (ie: bump a new item straight to the top of the gallery without shuffling everything down one place)

We have been using a third party widget to achieve most of these aims but of late the widget crashes the project on open. Out of respect for the developer I'll keep their name out of it and give them a few more days to look into it - their widgets have otherwise been great.

Any options come to mind? Anyone using anything that achieve all or some of these aims? And more importantly on the most recent version of Muse without crashing the project? Cheers

Unfortunately you'll have to keep an eye on the 3rd party vendors. Would be great if we can talk about companies, as staff members like ankushr40215001​ and Preran​ have quite good contact to most of the vendors, I guess.

Would be great for all the other members to know issues before they spend some money, right?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines