• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting a server error when sumitting a muse form?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a server error when sending a form.

www.ajaxstorage.co.za

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 7.16.28 PM.png

I have looked at the trouble shooting link Troubleshooting Muse Form Widgets Used on Third-Party Servers

Contact the web Host who said it is php enabled and have done the diagnostic test got 3 green ticks so that seems to be in order

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 1.00.41 PM.png

When I loaded the site last year I checked the form and it was working then ? not sure why there are

issues now? The only time the form has no errors is when all the check boxes (from A to E are ticked)

but I have set the up as follows - what am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 7.28.10 PM.png

Any feedback would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Heidi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your recipient address on a different server than your homepage?

And – as one always should do in these situations: Did you test-wise publish your site as a free Businesscatalyst test site, using the „Publish“ menu top right in Muse’s application window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works perfectly on businesscatalyst test site.

The recipient email address is the same domain as the web address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Preran and/or ankushr40215001​ should have a look at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure, are the green check marks from following this procedure? (Troubleshooting Muse Form Widgets Used on Third-Party Servers )

Visit http://my-site.com/scripts/form_check.php in a web browser and make sure you see all green checkmarks. If some items do not display green checkmarks that means that the hosting server is not configured correctly to allow the Form widgets to send email messages to the address you've specified.

Contact your web-hosting provider about the server configuration problem. Describe the items that are not marked as green in the form check page, so that they can help you set up the servers to use the correct settings.

Can you check with your hosting provider to see if anything has changed at their end?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done the  http://my-site.com/scripts/form_check.php and get 3 green ticks - no problem there

The host company tells me nothing has changed?

www.ajaxstorage.co.za

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 1.00.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The next step would be contacting your hosting provider and check with them about the issue.

There might be something missed at the backend of the server.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines